Maniac Muslim Forums
Guest Safiah!

OH YE NEW MEMBERS

Hi daniel,

as Muslims we have such a respect for the prophets that we never put images of them up. Jesus (as) is one of the greatest prophets to ever live and we love him very much :)

We don't put pictures up because they are not to be worshiped and associated with God. Also I think it denigrates their status.

So welcome to the forum, but it would be really cool if you changed your avatar.

+Ad maiorem Dei gloriam+

Hi daniel,

as Muslims we have such a respect for the prophets that we never put images of them up. Jesus (as) is one of the greatest prophets to ever live and we love him very much :)

We don't put pictures up because they are not to be worshiped and associated with God. Also I think it denigrates their status.

So welcome to the forum, but it would be really cool if you changed your avatar.

Dear Extempers,

Christians, following the Second Ecumenical Council of Nicaea, believe that images of Christ our God, of the holy Theotokos, of the angels, and of the saints must be placed not only in churches, but at home, and even in the streets. This is because seeing such images helps lift our minds to godly thoughts.

Pax,

Ioannes

Oh, I never knew that, thanks for sharing. We have different views on that but I will deffinitly respect you guys and not use the prophets in my photo or avatar anymore. How bout Mary, is she fine to depict in images?

My new avatar is of St. Pio he was a Franciscan Monk and Priest who performed many good healings for people he also received the stigmata(wounds of Jesus) as you can see in my pic.

My photo for my profile is St. Maximillian Kolbe, he was also a Franciscan Priest/Monk and was martyred in the Nazi death camps. He took the place of a family man and was starved to death but he wouldnt die so they had to finally inject poison into his veins. That family man whose place he took is still alive to this very day and was there when our Pope declared St.Maximillian Kolbe a Saint.

Pax Tecum, Daniel

+Ad maiorem Dei gloriam+

Dear Extempers,

Christians, following the Second Ecumenical Council of Nicaea, believe that images of Christ our God, of the holy Theotokos, of the angels, and of the saints must be placed not only in churches, but at home, and even in the streets. This is because seeing such images helps lift our minds to godly thoughts.

Pax,

Ioannes

I understand and on this point we disagree :)

But as guests to a Muslim forum, I humbly request that you do not post any images of any of the Prophets such as Jesus (as) as well as one of the greatest women ever, Mary.

Salamun Alaykum everyone,

Is it just me, or do more people on this forum realize that either it's one Chrisitan dude posting as 3 different people, or a clique of 3 Christian fellows who have gotten together to spam. I hope I'm not the only one who sees this, but it's better to look smart and blunt earlier, than look foolish and blunt later.

A point to note: they've all joined on the same day- today.

We have indeed all joined on the same day, and I will not try to hide that we have joined together as a result of all learning of your forum at the same time. I believe that we all come with sincere intent, though, and do not intend to spam.

As a member of a Catholic forum, I realize that if three protestants all joined on the same day, it would indeed look suspicious, but I guarantee if you give us time, you will see that we mean no harm. :)

We come from Phatmass.com One of the posters there opened up a thread about how there is another Forum out there just like ours except its muslim. You can go check ours out if you would like, its mostly Catholics but we have people of other religions on there aswell. Like Ave said, if this were to happen at phatmass.com I would think the same thing you guys are. But really I dont even know the other two Catholics who have joined except by reading their posts every once in awhile, and they are deffinitly two of the best posters at phatmass, they're very peaceful and intelligent people.

One thing I would point out if you visit the forums (as we call them, phorums) of phatmass is that there are some very anti-Muslim sentiments that fly around from time to time, and that I would like to state that those are not the opinions of all of us in the phatmass community.

My real name is Mark I was named after Saint Mark of the Gospel and as respect for your request I have not used any religious symbols as my Avatar. Do you object to me using Saint Mark whom I was named after? I will change it immediately if you request it. And I think I am the fourth that came to spread peace from Phatmass.

Salamun Alaykum everyone,

Is it just me, or do more people on this forum realize that either it's one Chrisitan dude posting as 3 different people, or a clique of 3 Christian fellows who have gotten together to spam. I hope I'm not the only one who sees this, but it's better to look smart and blunt earlier, than look foolish and blunt later.

A point to note: they've all joined on the same day- today.

I kindda detected that as well. The invasion begins... :P

^lol, i find it funny a person with 9 posts in the forum is talking about it being invaded by somebody else? :P

no offense, it just made me laugh a bit.

hi, i introduced myself somewhere else on the board already.

My name is Nick, my avatar is not a prophet(duh :) ) it is in fact me(shirtless i know, i use it at PM with no complaints, but i will change it if people ask me too), and i identify as a Christian, but not a catholic(though i am dating one now), unlike the rest coming from PM. More nondenominational than anything at the moment, though i have adopted a few schools of thought from catholicism in the 3 years i have been there.

hope to make a better first impression here than i did there(i came as an invader, then had a change of heart or several and stayed)

i typically stay out of religious doctrine and theology debates, but like to spout in sociological issues/current events/ etc occassionally and generally have fun.

I typically defend the average muslim people on PM(which sometimes i get flak for) for i believe people are inherently good(and those who do terrible things can be found anywhere, using any ideology as a disguise), but remain fairly ignorant of Islam the religion, except for a few good and bad examples.

hopefully that will change a bit in my time here.

Oh wow, this is interesting stuff..

Welcome to the forum ye Catholics from the 'parallel' forum, non denominational Nick and semi-part-of-this-'invasion' Iammia :)

I hope we have a lot to learn about one another and come here with sincere intentions devoid of ulterior motives. That's not a cynical dig, just being more cautious and going on previous experience where some of our Christian members have come with their own agendas. Anyway as Muslims, we should always give the benefit of the doubt- yet remain intelligent about it.

May God guide us to His Pleasure. Ameen.

See you around the forums!