Maniac Muslim Forums
nikabi4life

Would you marry a sister in nikab or a guy with a beard?

Guest Sister Who
how can you call a non-hijabi religous?

When rule 1 for girls is to wear a Hijab!!!

How can you say she is not relgious? define religious?

How can you say she is not relgious? define religious?

religious being really knowledgeable in Islam - not religious as in praying 5 times a day, because that's not being religous

Guest Sister Who
religious being really knowledgeable in Islam - not religious as in praying 5 times a day, because that's not being religous

If being religious is being "really knowledgable in islam" then i think most of us are not very "religious" at all. No ones knows everything. Quite a few people dont know alotta things when it comes to islam, but that doesnt mean they are not a good muslim, or worse then someone who does know alot.

Knowledge is from Allah, he guides whom he wills. If someone has knowledge they should share it, its no good kept to themselves. And it doesnt make them any better of a person then someone without it.

As for the hijabi, just because she covers her hair doesnt make her a knowledebale person.

I dont really mind whether one wears a niqaab or not, but I have always preferred a niqaabi.

I just dont have any idea on how to actually marry a niqaabi because one would need to see her face, and if he is granted the permission, what if she's not appealing? Could one just reject just like that? Wouldnt that be like rude?

If I do marry a hijaabi, I would advise her to wear the niqaab in the end.

---------------------

As for beards, I'd grow it to the ends of the earth.

:wow:

how can you call a non-hijabi religous?

When rule 1 for girls is to wear a Hijab!!!

Erm..ok, first of all...hijab is for both men and women..calm down..

Second of all, its not the first rule..its the first rule you SEE b/c its a rule rooted in a physical nature..but its not rule number 1..rule number 1 is belief in a single Ilah, and that goes for all Muslims, male, female, etc..

Thirdly, what does religious even mean? I don't even get that. Is Islam a religion? If I wear hijab, I am religious? Islam isn't a religion, its a way of life..its a paradigm to acting and doing..we aim to do all those things included in the paradigm..some of us do more than others..but FAITH only lies in one's heart..that is only judged and known to Allah SWT, Lord of the Universe. There isn't even something called religious when it comes to Islam..or practicing..or whatever. I really hate to see it when someone says, 'You're religious.' Or, 'She's religious too, see she fasts and prays, but she doesn't wear hijab. Why do you have to wear it?' It all just shows what a futile, silly, nincompoopish qualification it can be.

Hijab = covering. It has many levels, hijab of the heart, hijab of the eyes, and finally, hijab of the body. Men and women have two types of hijab.

Men's hijab of the body = cover from navel to knees, differs in interpretation.

Women's hijab of the body = head to toe minus feet/hands/just hands/face/etc.

Khimar is the proper term to denote a headscarf. Jilbab is the outer garment, worn by both male and female. Abaya is female-only, and thawb is generally male-only, though the word thawb itself just means 'clothing.'

I dont really mind whether one wears a niqaab or not, but I have always preferred a niqaabi.

I just dont have any idea on how to actually marry a niqaabi because one would need to see her face, and if he is granted the permission, what if she's not appealing? Could one just reject just like that? Wouldnt that be like rude?

If I do marry a hijaabi, I would advise her to wear the niqaab in the end.

---------------------

As for beards, I'd grow it to the ends of the earth.

:wow:

I think most niqaabis sorta don't have a problem w/ showing their face to a prospective person..just from experience.

respecta, just because a girl is a hijabi, doesnt mean she is religious. The thing is, for girls, hijab isnt always easy. i know a girl, whose dad really hates her wearing a hijab. She is so religious mashaAllah. She actually had to fight for it. And there is this other lady I know, she wanted to wear the hijab. But her husband forced her to take it off, and wouldnt let her go anywhere with a hijab. So she took it off for a while, but later, she started again. Now wearing hijab is a choice. And only the girl can take that choice. But it might not be as easy for her as it is for other hijabis. Alhamdulillah, I had great parents, and they always encouraged me to wear the hijab. So it was easy for me. But a girl, who grew up in a different environment, whose parents discouraged her, it won't be very easy for her to make that same choice. And yet, she may be more religious than some other hijabis. There are some hijabis that wear it because they were forced into it. Or maybe she wears it to give people a good idea about her. So you can't really judge a person's iman just by her hijab.

And yeah, for me, i would want a husband with a beard :D. But i guess I would be ok too, if he doesnt have a beard. As long as he is religious. And I respect niqab, and I hope someday I can be strong enough to start wearing one. But I dont want anyone to force me into it. I would like to make that choice for myself.

when a woman has been told to wear the hijab, then you have to follow that rule

how can you be more knowledgeable if you don't understand that simple rule?

I know muslim girls who have a better understanding of Islam and follow it better that don't wear the Hijab; I also know of a few girls who wear the Hijab but don't act like muslims should. I don't think it's fair to say that non -hijabi's aren't as knwoledgable.

hhmmm.......i wouldnt want to marry a guy with a beard.......beard being wat respecta defined as a handful of hair....lol....if its normal trimmed then sure.

and yea respecta, i grew up with one family that their dad was a sheikh.....so called.......but subhanallah....the daughters....they didnt wear the hijab like till they were 9 years old...then all of a sudden their dad forced them to wear a hijab and jilbab straight away....just like that...and the girls didnt like it and they werent allowed to do anything. just stayed at home. home schooled. its haram for girls to go to public school. according to them. my dad and their dad were always fighting. ......deep down inside i love them alot. they were like my blood sisters.......

mashallah they were really nice girls......but then all of a sudden they just changed......and they changed me with them....i started bein mean and all....but any how thats not the point.

point is wat oreen said..... :D:lol:

never judge a book by its cover.

respecta, just because a girl is a hijabi, doesnt mean she is religious. The thing is, for girls, hijab isnt always easy. i know a girl, whose dad really hates her wearing a hijab. She is so religious mashaAllah. She actually had to fight for it. And there is this other lady I know, she wanted to wear the hijab. But her husband forced her to take it off, and wouldnt let her go anywhere with a hijab. So she took it off for a while, but later, she started again. Now wearing hijab is a choice. And only the girl can take that choice. But it might not be as easy for her as it is for other hijabis. Alhamdulillah, I had great parents, and they always encouraged me to wear the hijab. So it was easy for me. But a girl, who grew up in a different environment, whose parents discouraged her, it won't be very easy for her to make that same choice. And yet, she may be more religious than some other hijabis. There are some hijabis that wear it because they were forced into it. Or maybe she wears it to give people a good idea about her. So you can't really judge a person's iman just by her hijab.

And yeah, for me, i would want a husband with a beard :D. But i guess I would be ok too, if he doesnt have a beard. As long as he is religious. And I respect niqab, and I hope someday I can be strong enough to start wearing one. But I dont want anyone to force me into it. I would like to make that choice for myself.

May Allah bless you. You really said everything that needed to be said (in my opinion). Niqaabi or not, it does not mean that any given niqaabi is better than a non, and same goes for hijabi and non, and bearded and not. Whoever says niqaab is fardh or beard is fardh needs to look more into the issue. Fardh is a big word and should not be thrown around. As for hijab, yes that is definetly fardh...And I say this from knowledge from our great scholars.