Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hamzah

New Section: Islamic Books/Lectures Summary & Review

I want to encourage my members to read more stuff and continue to learn. Hopefully this section will encourage them to pick up some wholesome Islamic material to read or audio lectures to listen to.

I hope to have a nice section of indepth analysis of books and lectures. Nothing hardcore... maybe a summary and such. Yes.

Bismillah,

Asalaamul Alaaikum,

Masha'Allah, brilliant idea.

Wa'alaykum Asalaam

Part 1- Zina, The Disease with a Thousand Faces

Part 2

These are 2 lectures, one series, by Suhaib Webb, May Allah bless him

He talks about zina (adultery) and its dangers, its implications, how to avoid it (and any major sin, really, can be dealt with using the same approach)...With Quran and Hadith sources, very soul shaking, very mind touching and heart-striking.

He connects the sisters by using the examples of Aisha (ra) and Sayyida Maryam

And connects the brothers by using the example of Prophet Yusuf (Joseph) Alayhi essalam

He connects it with death and what damage it does that we can't fathom at the moment and how we should be morally awake and Islamically conscious at ALL times[He has a great way of delivering that to the mind and heart]

I hope you all listen to it, I just listened to it and thought its a must-listen to. My intro is probably not that good, but please give it a listen. May Allah Guide Us All...

Umm would it be okay if we could have a thread for finding books/lectures?

I was wondering where i could get this book from called "qisas an-nabiyyeen" but im not sure what its called in English. I didnt want to start a new thread in this section, because i thought its only for reviewing books. But we dont seem to have a "Find a book" thread, or something similar to that? Could someone start one please?

I'm trying to keep this section primarily for reviews and in-depth discussion of the books. Lately it's been just like 'oh nice book' 'this is awesome' and stuff. Not really the route I want this section to go so I'm moving some of the threads onto the main Islamic Stuff section.

I love this part of the forum. I have a good list of books I want to buy now. Thanks!

"The recompense of one who directs somebody to do good deed will be equal to the reward of the doer"

(Muslim)

Subhan'Allah

:wub:

I want to encourage my members to read more stuff and continue to learn. Hopefully this section will encourage them to pick up some wholesome Islamic material to read or audio lectures to listen to.

I hope to have a nice section of indepth analysis of books and lectures. Nothing hardcore... maybe a summary and such. Yes.

Please consider reviewing 'The American Muslim Teenager's Handbook' - a positive, upbeat guide to the basics of Islam from a teen perspective. Muslims definitely need some encouragement to feel good about their religion, especially post 9/11 - there are so many anti-Islam books in bookstores - let's promote something uplifting & entertaining! Yes, I'm one of the authors...but seriously, please do check out www.theamth.com for reviews & more info.

Thanks!