Maniac Muslim Forums
Dawud Israel

The Fasting Club

Bismillah. :yummy:

As salaam aleikum!

So this is just an idea I had...what's healthier than fasting? And plus it's Sunnah. I think it would be good because if you haven't noticed we Muslims eat a lot. I've seen brothers in my masjid get seconds for food even before I got my first!

And what's worse is that we starve ourselves of Islam coming into our lives.

Post away some hadiths regarding fasting and we can decide on which days to fast. Anybody can join. And we support everyone--off all body sizes.

:flower: Fisabilillah! :flower:

i used to fast on a mondays and thursdays, i kinda paused now, i'm gonna start again inshAllah after my exams

Haha,loool,yes muslims these days are too much into food and stuffing there bellies.then complaining of fatness.

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah has reported that the prophet peace be upon him said:

"Make it a practice to fast,You will always enjoy good health."

(Tabrani'i)

Hadhrat Muadhah al-Adawiyyah said,she asked Aishah (r.a) wether Allah's messenger used to fast

three days every month,and she replied that he did.She asked which days in the month he fasted,and she replied he did

not care which days he fasted."

(Muslim-Mishkaat-Tirmidhi)

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah reported Allah's messenger as saying;

"Man's deeds are presented to Allah on Mondays and thursdays and i like mine to be presented

when i am fasting."

(Tirmidhi)

i heard that the Prophet Muhammad (saw) was born on a Monday, that's why he would fast on a Monday...

i need to find evidence for that

Hadhrat Hafsa said that there were four things the prophet peace be upon him never omitted.

1)Fasting on Ashura

2)fasting on the first ten days of Zul Hijjah

3)Fasting three days every month

4)praying two rak'aahs before dawn.

(Nasa'i)

i dont know about the prophets birth thing,but its certainly sunnah to fast on Mondays.

I'll fast tomorrow :yes: It's a monday. I just have to remember to take all my meds in the morning because I can't take any in the afternoon if I fast.

Bismillah.

and fasting on eid <_<

Its prohibited to fast on Eid.

im looking for it,but i cant find the hadith for that.but its not allowed.

well,dont leave sentences unfinished then <_<

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Amr bin al-Aas reports of the messenger of Allah saying to him 'Have i not

been informed,Abdullah,that you fast during the days and get up at night for prayer?"

When he replied that was so,he advised, 'Do not do it.Fast and open your fast,get up for prayer and sleep,for

you have a duty to your body,your eyes,your wife and your visitors."

(Shamail-Tirmidhi)

so your not supposed to overdo it either.

hey,itd be good to fast on mondays!good beginning for a new week.

Yes, it's a great idea. =D I fasted yesterday (accidentally slept through suhoor, though :/) so I'll try to make fasting on Saturdays a habit.

and fasting on eid <_<

I've been told, though I'm too lazy to look it up at this moment, that the best days to fast are Mondays and Thursdays because that is when the angels go back up to Allah and tell him about which of his believers are doing what. So they tell him about who is fasting. It makes me feel all warm and giddy inside thinking that.

Fasting Monday and Thursday. The Prophet (peace be on him) mentioned that: “The deeds of the worshippers are presented before Allah on Monday and Thursday, I like my deeds to be presented while I am fasting.” (Nasa’I)

OK OK people people!

Enough talking--how about we fast tomorrow! Tomorrow is Monday! I'm fasting tomorrow Insha Allah.

What say ya'll? Savvy?

A lil tip: Make sure you drink at least a cup or two of water in Suhoor. It keep you hydrated and you don't get dizzy while fasting.