Maniac Muslim Forums
Dawud Israel

The Fasting Club

Salah on most Islamic calenders are only estimates. During Tahajjud in Ramadan we use to sahoor in the masjid. They would call the adhan 15 mins prior to the iqama then they make the iqama then the imam says to swallow what you have in your mouth and leave what you haven't finish eatting. I'm not really big on madhabs so I wouldn't know exactly what madhabs says what about this.

OK time to sort out the men from the boys and the women from the girls...who fasted?

So far I got Marla and Reflekt down...

Did you guys wake up for Suhoor?

Did you guys get your F-Ajr prayer?

You guys want to try Tuesday? I'm game!

Did you guys wake up for Suhoor? >>> i cant eat in the morning >> it makes me nauseous

Did you guys get your F-Ajr prayer? >> Yep!

You guys want to try Tuesday? I'm game! >> Defo :D (inshallah)

Half an hour to goooo :o

Here's your suhoor missing question:

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=20135&amp...&txt=suhoor

And probably the reason for finishing up 15-20 minutes earlier:

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=26763&amp...&txt=suhoor

Yeah what the shaykah said. Make sure you hit Suhoor. Remember fasting is about pleasing Allah and getting the Ajr so your missing out dude. Also studying for exams at this time is good (that's what I did today)...cuz it's all quiet and it raises your confidence, thinking your so smart that you study at 3 am. Yeah.

Yes, it's a great idea. =D I fasted yesterday (accidentally slept through suhoor, though :/) so I'll try to make fasting on Saturdays a habit.

You're not allowed to fast Saturday alone. You may fast on Saturday only if you will be fasting a day before or a day after. The reason for this is so that we may differentiate ourselves from the Yahuud who observe sabbath or shabbat on Saturdays. :).

My daleel:

For the very reason why we are forbidden to single our Friday for fasting, we are also prohibited to fast only on Saturdays or, in that case, only on Sundays. But there is also another reason. Saturday is the weekly festival for the Jews as Sunday is for the Christians. Islam has encouraged and instructed the believers to stay away and not lend any religious significance to these two days. We do not fast on our day of feast. We can fast on the day of their feast but without singling it out. This is why the statement prohibiting the customs of Saturday fasting is very strong. The Prophet (saas) said: "Do not fast on Saturday, unless it is part of what Allah has prescribed for you. If you could not find anything to eat but a grape skin or a piece of wood, you should chew it." (Ahmed) The Prophet's wife Umm Salmah (raa) stated: "The Prophet used to observe Saturday and Sunday with fasting (along with other days), and would say, `These are the `Eids of polytheists and I like to differ with them.'" This hadith implies that a believer should not lend spiritual significance to the religious festivities of non-Muslims.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/p...in/fast_30.html :grin: