Maniac Muslim Forums

Remembrance & Prayer

The Way of the Prophet Muhammad

By Muhammad Al-Ghazali

Translated by Yusuf Talal DeLorenzo

remembrance.jpg

I loved the supplications mentioned in this book eventhough they were in English. I can only imagine how profound these supplications must be in arabic subhanAllah.

Insha Allah ta'Ala, I'll try posting some of them every once in a while

Ali ibn Abi Talib radiAllahu 'anhu related:

And when he assumed the ruku' (the bowing) position, he would say: 'O My Lord, for You I have bowed down, and committed myself. My ears, my eyes, my marrow, my bones and my sinews have humbled themselves before You.' When he raised his head from the ruku' position he would say: 'May Allah listen to those who praise Him. Our Lord, may Your praises fill the heavens, and fill the earth, and fill everything between them, and fill whatever else remains to be filled after that.' When he assumed the sajdah position (prostrating himself) he would say: 'Our Lord, for You I have made sajdah, and in You I have placed my faith, and to You I have committed myself. My face lies prostrated before the One who created it, and fashioned it, and opened within it its sense of hearing and its sight. Blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators.' (Ahmed, Muslim, Abu Da'ud, Tirmidhi)

'Our Lord, by Your knowledge of the Unseen, and by Your Power over Your creation, grant me life so long as You know life to hold good for me, and grant me death when You know death to hold good for me!'

'Our Lord, I ask You for the fear of You in public and in private, and I ask You for (the ability to speak) the word of truth in tranquility and in anger, and I ask You for frugality in wealth and in poverty, and I ask You for happiness which is never exhaused, and I ask You for pleasure which is never ending, and I ask You for contentment with Your decisions, and I ask You for the finer life after death, and I ask You for the pleasure of looking upon Your Face, and meeting You without ever having undergone great suffering, and without ever having been subjected to misleading temptation'

'Our Lord, adorn us with the adornment of faith, and make us guides who are rightly guided.'

O Allah! Make love of You dearer to me than my self, my family, my wealth and my offspring; and darer to me than cool water to a thirsty wayfarer.

Tabarani relates that one of the du'a said by the Prophet sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam on the day of 'Arafah, is this:

'O Lord, You see my position, and hear my petition, and know my inner and outer condition! Nothing about me is hidden from You. I am a wretched beggar, a caller for help, fearful, anxious, and one who admits his sins. I supplicate You as a miserable sinner, and I pray to You the prayer of a frightened blind man whose head is bowed, whose body is humbled and whose face is dusty.

O Lord! Do not make me one of the damned, but be Merciful and Compassionate towards me, O the Finest of those Petitioned and the Finest of the Bestowers!'

'O Allah! I seek of You that which will make certain (for me) Your mercy, and the resolution of Your forgiveness, as well as freedom from every offence and a share in every virtue, and entry to Pradise, and freedom from the Fire.'

'O Allah! Inspire me with guidance, and spare me the evil of my selfishness.'

'O Allah! I seek refuge in You from hunger; for it is a terrible bedflow. Ad I seek refuge in You from treachery; for it is indeed a foul inner-lining,'

'O Allah! I seek refuge in You from trial of the Fire and the torment of the Fire, and from the evils of poverty and of wealth.'

'O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the eviil of my hearing, the evil of my sight, the evil of my tongue, and the evil of my heart.'

'O Allah! I seek refuge in You from the withdrawal of Your favour, the decline of the good health you have given, the suddenness of Your vengeance, and from all forms of Your wrath.'

Praise is to Allah for giving us guidance through different means and creation us aware of the correct attitude to be adopted at all times! May Allah grant his blessings on all who write, read and attain advantage from this.