Maniac Muslim Forums
maghrib

I hate people in this section

Come on guys. Freestyling in text? Battling in text? In friggin MUSLIM forum?

Look, I'm not denying theres plenty of stuff in other sections that is also an extreme waste of time, but seriously, these are really stupid and unbeneficial. I could just make the same thread in all the sections, but they just dont deserve it. This section deserves it.

People who listen to rap have no life. People who battle and freestyle in text have no life. People who freestyle and record themselves and write transcripts of their girly unbeneficial singing just so they could post it in a Muslim forum have no life. I especially hate people who curse in their lame "poems" as well.

I'm not saying these things are Haram, but COME ON. WE'RE MUSLIMS. WE DONT DO THIS KIND OF CRAP. WTFISH MAN.

I dont care if this section's dead. I'm just saying these things so that some people would just wake up.

Listen to Islamic lectures. Please. PLEASE.

I'm not saying these things are Haram, but COME ON. WE'RE MUSLIMS. WE DONT DO THIS KIND OF CRAP. WTFISH MAN.

We're Muslims. We also don't say things like that.

Also I'm not really sure what your point is. Yeah, this is a waste of time that could better be spent on something Islamic. But there are SO many other things people do to amuse themselves that waste their time (for example this post I'm writing), and I don't really think your emotional post will stop them, so why are you picking this section to make an issue out of?

Guest Sister Who
Come on guys. Freestyling in text? Battling in text? In friggin MUSLIM forum?

Look, I'm not denying theres plenty of stuff in other sections that is also an extreme waste of time, but seriously, these are really stupid and unbeneficial. I could just make the same thread in all the sections, but they just dont deserve it. This section deserves it.

People who listen to rap have no life. People who battle and freestyle in text have no life. People who freestyle and record themselves and write transcripts of their girly unbeneficial singing just so they could post it in a Muslim forum have no life. I especially hate people who curse in their lame "poems" as well.

I dont care if this section's dead. I'm just saying these things so that some people would just wake up.

Listen to Islamic lectures. Please. PLEASE.

lol :rolleyes:

Being muslims dont mean you're confined to listening to Islamic lectures.

Whats wrong with rapping? why cant muslims rap?

Providing teh context isnt vulgar/offensive, i dont see whats wrong with it.

Native-deen rap, and they gotta message, which i think is pretty cool mashalllah.

Some people prefer lectures, some dont. Different things appeal to different people bro.

Com'on man saying you hate the people in this section? thats a bit harsh man.

Rapping is not crap, its a form of art. Some of the people come up with real good stuff, they got talent, it'd be better if they used it productivly rather then slaggin each other off but yeah thats boys for you.

yep,and rap doesn't necessarily mean music...

I think he means the "battles" here where you engage in putting down the other side, often with vulgar language? I haven't been looking too closely into this forum, so I have no idea what I'm talking about let alone what buraq is talking about but yeah there you go..

Assalamu Alaikum,

There is nothing wrong with rapping as it is a form of art as the sister mentioned above, as long as it follows the Islamic requirements. I haven't take a look at this section, although if there is anything wrong with any of the contents posted, it should be followed up properly. And recordings in particular (like I said if there are any) should be really kept for private sections (but that's my take on it)

People should listen to lectures, although you can't expect to be bogged down by it constantly, especially with teenagers (which the forum mainly consists of) listening to other alternatives help them in many ways. I have nothing but respect for young'ns that have swapped mainstream vulgar rapping, for a more Islamic alternative (although do be careful of some, since they include music :angry: )

But anything which involves obscene language, backbiting or anything which is totally not permissible, should be changed.

People should do things which benefit them in the next life especially, whether it be by spending their time wisely or giving advice in a certain manner :)

Wassalam

Unfortunately, many many many people have misunderstood my post. First off, I never said rap was Haram nor did I say rap was wrong as a whole.

When I said "people who listen to rap have no life" I meant Muslims who spend time listening to Eminem and 50 Cent.

And when I said "we're Muslims and we dont do this kind of crap" and when I said "an extreme waste of time", I meant specifically the stuff that's going down in this section. The whole IDEA of freestyling, battling, in TEXT, or recording oneself and writing a FRIGGIN TRANSCRIPT, in a MUSLIM FORUM, is SO PATHETIC.

And when I said "hate", I mean it in the full sense of the word.

Seriously. Come on. The Sahaba (ra) spent their time describing their tahajjuds to each other and people here are doing these... sigh.

Rasulullah SAAWS had people whose poetry he would listen to. Poetry has a strong history with Islam--only now it's called Freestyling.

Chapter 26 of the Qur'an is called "The Poets"

But I agree with him--I hate people in this section--cuz of jealousy! Masha Allah to you all!

^did you just compare rapping with poetry :huh:. I think they are quite distinct.

I think writing a freestyle is very talented. But I myself is not a fan of freestyling to battle. However, whats wrong with freestyling that has a good message in it.

I don't like stuff like this—

Barely intelligible, from the man himself, delivered straight to you

I hope something written at your level might help you face the truth

The basic rules: talk **** then prepare for the fight

Not run off, not pussy out, not declare it a night

http://maniacmuslim.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=753507

EDIT— *waits for someone to write me up a "sick" response and "own" me*

With all due respect brother Maghrib,

I think the conversational section is a MUCH BIGGER waste of time than anything on here and trends have a big tendency for more haraam than on here.

I do agree that battles between people to insult each other is stupid, but society told us it's funny and cool so we think it is.

Solution: Delete conversational section and threads that involve insulting each other in this subforum!

I myself don't like this section, that's why I don't come here, with the exception of right now. I saw the words "I hate people" and I thought it was too strong.

Don't use the word 'hate' so much. Use 'dislike' or something. Don't hate your Muslim brothers and sisters. You can hate what they're doing if you feel it is incorrect, but don't hate them, it's not right. Make duaa for them insha'Allah, and kindly advise them.

In the Quran Allah SWT says,

"It was by the mercy of Allah that you were gentle with them (O, Muhammad) for if you had been harsh and hard of heart they would of dispersed from around you. So pardon them and pray forgiveness for them and consult with them in the affair" Holy Quran (3:159).

wallahu 'Alam.

Ma'asalam.

Maghrib & Extempers,

Perhaps you can take a different approach instead of accusing everyone who goes to this section and expressing your hate. Maybe you can give naseeha or bring it to their attention?

Rumaysa & Yam7a,

I totally agree with you sisters. JazakumllAllahu Khaira :)