Maniac Muslim Forums
mirror

The Wedding Thread

^ Astera.. not inviting aunts wouldn't work for me either because I know for a fact my parents will take over the inviting people. They'll pay for it too. To be honest I'd like a really small wedding too and I really like the sound of yours. I'm not so close to my aunts/uncles and I've actually heard that they've *****ed about us and stuff but I'm not really one to say anything to their faces, just leave them be.. but yeah, it's like a typical asian thing (well around here definately).. aunts HAVE to be invited!

Then pay for it yourself and have the right back to choose your quests yourselves. I bet 99% of you don't even bother telling your parents their wedding ideas suck ass. So it's really your own damn fault that people you don't want at your wedding come and screw it up for you.

i got my cousins weddding to go to in a months time inshAllah

what do i wearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

on wedding day gonna wear paki...so shirwani or shalwar kameez, but what colours someone help meeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry, but I reaaally don't understand how one can rely on pure luck from God in terms of wedding guests...HOPE that those you reaaally don't want to come CHOOSE for themselves that they can't come. Why give them the power? It's not their ****ign wedding. I come from the exact same background where it's regarded that aunts HAVE to come...what a ****ed up thinking. It's no-life aunts who've inforced this stupid idea into peoples' heads..because they know that if they don't threat and force people to invite them no one would want them near them voluntarily and their lives would consist of sitting on the sofa all day.

A wedding is supposed to be made public Islamically speaking. How can it be public if you only inform a few close people about it? That is pretty secretive.

You can inform those aunties by TELLING them.You don't have to invite them to celebrate your wedding if you don't want them there.

If only life was so simple. *Imagines scenario*

Host: Oh yeah so my kid is getting married soon. *slams phone before anything else can be said*

Auntie: wha....?

Sorry couldn't resist

I call them wedding reception carnival

i got my cousins weddding to go to in a months time inshAllah

what do i wearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

on wedding day gonna wear paki...so shirwani or shalwar kameez, but what colours someone help meeeeeeeeeeeee

blue