Maniac Muslim Forums
white-rose

Questions to ask before getting married

Do you really know what questions you are going to ask when choosing a spouse or are you just going to go along with your parent's decision? Do you have a mental list prepared or you are just waiting to see how things flow?

In today's world where you never know what you are getting, it's really good to be ready to know your to-be spouse before saying the much dreaded/awaited Qabool hai! (I accept) :P

Share what questions SHOULD be asked before one gets married and what you think is important so that all of us can benefit. :D

Do you have a mental list prepared or you are just waiting to see how things flow?

both actually.Question about health,and also her likes,what type of a person she wants whether she likes somebody else already,what she will be taking if divorcing me,what she thinks about adultery and the purpose of life;there will be more.

Far better than asking a grocery list of questions is to get a solid feel for what the person's character and personality are like, and that doesn't have to be through questioning.

If there is a personality match, then the chances are much greater that you two will get along spectacularly, and share similar views on various topics.

i dunno but this question always comes to mind ...

theirs a saying, marrige can either increase your iman or decrease your iman, it all depends on what your spouse is like.

are you punctual in your salat? very very very important

do you have a bad temper? ....(they could always lie :I)

I have too many ....:-/

what muslimah said-is he punctual in 5 times salah,

what he's looking for in a partner

what he thinks what a marriage should be like

what he considers the role of a wife....many more!

Yes/No, and fill in the blank questions (like, How many times a day do you pray? ____) are silly things to ask to a potential spouse, in my opinion...

Ask complex questions, mind bogglers, throw in a physics problem and an acid-base equilibrium, ask him to cite the verse number of a given verse off the top of his head, and translate a chapter from Al Ihya into English within 3 minutes...

After he passes through these hurdles, then bring in the philosophical paradoxes...

to be continued...

Yes/No, and fill in the blank questions (like, How many times a day do you pray? ____) are silly things to ask to a potential spouse, in my opinion...

Ask complex questions, mind bogglers, throw in a physics problem and an acid-base equilibrium, ask him to cite the verse number of a given verse off the top of his head, and translate a chapter from Al Ihya into English within 3 minutes...

After he passes through these hurdles, then bring in the philosophical paradoxes...

to be continued...

and then once the candidate passes,... he is granted to marry 4 times because such genius genes should be propagated in to the Ummah as much as possible. Yes?

and then once the candidate passes,... he is granted to marry 4 times because such genius genes should be propagated in to the Ummah as much as possible. Yes?

lol, no...

He and the Ummah should have some patience... :D

crap seems like there is no chance for me to get married to any of you. :P

coz it seems like no salat no marriage.

will any of you be asking the question:Are you Muslim?do you have a religious belief?

I will be.people here are different.