Maniac Muslim Forums
white-rose

Questions to ask before getting married

And that's exactly why I'm not planning to marry someone who lives with fam. lol. I think couples should be living alone. Who wants to wake up to in-laws every morning? Unless it's like a dire dire situation.

Not all guys live with their parents....sometimes they live next door -_-

LOL.

Holy crap that's funny. I'm stealing that line.

Well then you shouldn't really trust their answers on anything.

Tbh honest, I wouldn't take anything they say at face value. Even though I am pretty much an open book I am not very trusting of people. I know thats not exactly a good thing but its served me well all my life. I've said it before many times, I don't believe in this 'interview' set up. I don't believe that you can properly gauge a person from that (then again I don't believe that you can really gauge a person even after knowing them for many years). I'm not saying be a sceptic but be awake. People are generally on their best behaviour in a meet up and want to impress so they will say things that they think you want to hear. And they will try and say the 'right' things rather than what they really will do in situations. How many people will be honest enough to say they go beserk under pressure and can't think straight and become a puddle of goop when things go a little downhill? Its like a job interview, you don't want your prospective employer to think you can't handle the job, and since this is more personal you won't want to say something that is going to make a bad impression on a potential spouse unless you don't like them and don't want to get married.

Can we fork this topic and make split into "Questions you should not ask before or after or ever in marriage?"

You can make another thread if you want?