Maniac Muslim Forums
S...

Last show you watched

Says YOU. I laugh at my own jokes all the time!

do you shed a tear of sadness after your laugh?

do you shed a tear of sadness after your laugh?

No, but sometimes I gaze forlornly at the tumbleweed that blows by.

I LOVE Better off Ted!!!!! It's definitely in my top 5 favorite comedies ever (Community is #1, of course).

It is such an underrated gem, 2 short and awesome seasons while total crap like everybody loves raymond and two and a half men goes on for decades.

I could totally use a re-watch of Better off Ted.

Ha, I could go rant on and on about that crap. I feel the same about Big Bang Theory but I know I'm a minority there.

I'm halfway through season 2 and dreading the ending. Arrested Development was my go-to show on Netflix but its been Better Off Ted for a while now, think its actually better than the former too.

I like Better off Ted more, too. I love Arrested Development, but it's basically a show about really bad people. It's quite cynical.

And lots of people hate Big Bang Theory! See: any Community board anywhere on the internet. It's never long before someone starts complaining about how much BBT sucks and how unfair it is that it gets so many more viewers than Community.

Community fans are the minority. I see posts like that though all over the Community subreddit.

post-12573-Waiting-for-Game-of-Thrones-S

And I'm just sitting here waiting for the next book ...

I'd highly recommend Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson while you wait.

I'd highly recommend Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson while you wait.

This looks very interesting! I hope the series is completed. I can't do waiting for more books once I get hooked.

This looks very interesting! I hope the series is completed. I can't do waiting for more books once I get hooked.

Not yet. It's something NEW to get hooked on! The writer is an upcoming superstar in the fantasy world ; wrote a very solid series called Mistborn, which I own, and he completed Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, which is a big deal although I never got into it.

So far 2 books out and it's expected to be 10 books. I have the first book and its HUMONGOUS, just as big as Storm of Storms by GRRM. The world-building is atonishing, I fully expect it to become THE next big thing in the fantasy world once Game of Thrones is over. I haven't read the second one yet though but I've heard nothing but good things so far (I'm waiting for the paperback to be released around March).

Not yet. It's something NEW to get hooked on! The writer is an upcoming superstar in the fantasy world ; wrote a very solid series called Mistborn, which I own, and he completed Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, which is a big deal although I never got into it.

So far 2 books out and it's expected to be 10 books. I have the first book and its HUMONGOUS, just as big as Storm of Storms by GRRM. The world-building is atonishing, I fully expect it to become THE next big thing in the fantasy world once Game of Thrones is over. I haven't read the second one yet though but I've heard nothing but good things so far (I'm waiting for the paperback to be released around March).

Noooo! I don't have the emotional capacity to deal with getting hooked on something and having to wait. HP was okay, there were no cliff hangers and you basically knew how the story was going to end. It was just a matter of finding out how. With ASOIAF, when I read the last book (I think its a Dance with Dragons) I was depressed for two weeks afterwards! Like I actually got depressed. One of the characters chapter ended in such a heart stopping way that I actually broke down. I couldn't continue with the last chapter, which even ends on a positive note. I even had a panic attack because I thought, what if I die before I know the ending, asthagfirullah, I should have more pressing concerns about what I should be worried about accomplishing before I die. Now, I have theories as to what may happen in the next book, positive theories but Martin is so bladdy unpredictable that he may just do something different to spite me. Thats how I feel lol. I tried to start reading from the first book again but as I started reading I couldn't deal with all the bad things that I knew was going to happen to my favourite characters (and even the not so favourite ones) that I put it down and hid. Now I know this sounds strange but I get really attached to my stories. And I really don't think I could through the waiting again. So, if I live long enough then I will wait for all those books to come out and then read them!

That said, George is a complete idiot. And what the heck are the writers up to, seriously SERIOUSLY!!! And I don't like Burke. He forces Cristina to do what he wants when he wants and doesn't take her feelings into account. She has made SO many changes just for him and he keeps pushing her to things she's uncomfortable with. This whole wedding thing, she told him what she wants, the fact that she is even willing to get married even though she doesn't believe in it, he goes behind her back and gets the mothers involved so that he can have his big fancy gay wedding. He just irritates the crap out of me! She deserves someone better than his ego magnified self.

Noooo! I don't have the emotional capacity to deal with getting hooked on something and having to wait. HP was okay, there were no cliff hangers and you basically knew how the story was going to end. It was just a matter of finding out how. With ASOIAF, when I read the last book (I think its a Dance with Dragons) I was depressed for two weeks afterwards! Like I actually got depressed. One of the characters chapter ended in such a heart stopping way that I actually broke down. I couldn't continue with the last chapter, which even ends on a positive note. I even had a panic attack because I thought, what if I die before I know the ending, asthagfirullah, I should have more pressing concerns about what I should be worried about accomplishing before I die. Now, I have theories as to what may happen in the next book, positive theories but Martin is so bladdy unpredictable that he may just do something different to spite me. Thats how I feel lol. I tried to start reading from the first book again but as I started reading I couldn't deal with all the bad things that I knew was going to happen to my favourite characters (and even the not so favourite ones) that I put it down and hid. Now I know this sounds strange but I get really attached to my stories. And I really don't think I could through the waiting again. So, if I live long enough then I will wait for all those books to come out and then read them!

That said, George is a complete idiot. And what the heck are the writers up to, seriously SERIOUSLY!!! And I don't like Burke. He forces Cristina to do what he wants when he wants and doesn't take her feelings into account. She has made SO many changes just for him and he keeps pushing her to things she's uncomfortable with. This whole wedding thing, she told him what she wants, the fact that she is even willing to get married even though she doesn't believe in it, he goes behind her back and gets the mothers involved so that he can have his big fancy gay wedding. He just irritates the crap out of me! She deserves someone better than his ego magnified self.

Don't worry, Sanderson is a FAST writer! He's finished the Mistborn series then dived into its 2nd trilogy (the 5th book is coming out next year) along with starting a brand new series in 2013 (the Rithatist) and then finishing another ginormous book series just in 2013 as well due to the author's death. The two books are 1300ish pages each and if that's not good enough then you got all the other books he's still writing to get accustomed to his cool writing style. I've read two of the Mistborn series and you may end up liking that yourself.

I know exactly what chapter you're talking about. I have a BUNCH of theories for ASOIAF haha, I've even read many of the more accepted theories on the internet communities so I may end up spoiling stuff by discussing it.

I really think we see Winds of Winter by next summer.

Don't worry, Sanderson is a FAST writer! He's finished the Mistborn series then dived into its 2nd trilogy (the 5th book is coming out next year) along with starting a brand new series in 2013 (the Rithatist) and then finishing another ginormous book series just in 2013 as well due to the author's death. The two books are 1300ish pages each and if that's not good enough then you got all the other books he's still writing to get accustomed to his cool writing style. I've read two of the Mistborn series and you may end up liking that yourself.

I know exactly what chapter you're talking about. I have a BUNCH of theories for ASOIAF haha, I've even read many of the more accepted theories on the internet communities so I may end up spoiling stuff by discussing it.

I really think we see Winds of Winter by next summer.

haha okay, maybe I will give it a try then.

I would love to hear your theories. You're the first person I've come across to have read the books. I could start a thread if you want to discuss the series.

I started reading mistborn. The story reads like a manga. Alternate universe, mysterious enemy, good guys with super powers. Explanation of how super power works. occational burst of action. Yep, I'd like to see the anime adaptation of this.