Maniac Muslim Forums
UZ

MM ROLODEX: Marriage Threads

Really? I was thinking about bringing my resume and college transcript to future matrimonial sessions.

no no all you need is love.

Eek I could never get married if this were how I'd have to do it. How can you possibly actually know someone based on 'businesslike meetings and being direct'. There's more than just meeting a checklist of things; there's also just plain getting along and enjoying each other... no? There's a middle ground between going full on dating vs. doing it how they do 'back home'. But to each their own.

lol Times have changed and yes I agree with you. It's not a list of yes and no. And I've come to believe that any which way you put it, you get to see the 'real' person once you're living with them. Of course everyone is going to get along and be on their best behavior in the beginning. I'd say 6 months of living with them can give you an idea if you actually get along in 'real' life.

So I once complained about a girl here on this forum. And then someone on this forum told the girl that I complained about her. She then flipped out even more on me.

Best forum real life story ever.

So I once complained about a girl here on this forum. And then someone on this forum told the girl that I complained about her. She then flipped out even more on me.

Best forum real life story ever.

thats why you should post more often

thats why you should post more often

I wish. I tried to get her to tell me who on the forum told her but she wouldn't budge (this was all in real life encounters). Oh well.

I wish. I tried to get her to tell me who on the forum told her but she wouldn't budge (this was all in real life encounters). Oh well.

You know someone from this forum in real life??

You know someone from this forum in real life??

a couple.

but what i was saying there was that i knew a girl outside this forum who heard about what i wrote on this forum from someone here i don't know.

a couple.

but what i was saying there was that i knew a girl outside this forum who heard about what i wrote on this forum from someone here i don't know.

haha! That's quite comical

a couple.

MJ ?

lol Times have changed and yes I agree with you. It's not a list of yes and no. And I've come to believe that any which way you put it, you get to see the 'real' person once you're living with them. Of course everyone is going to get along and be on their best behavior in the beginning. I'd say 6 months of living with them can give you an idea if you actually get along in 'real' life.

I don't know that you have to live 6 months with someone to know them, but point taken. Definitely you need some serious time spent -- enough time to know if you'll get annoyed with them at least. Maybe one cross-country road trip would suffice...

Also, asking an imam about someone's reputation, as the woman in that article suggests, might have worked back in the days... but come on! The imam is the last person to know anything honest about this guy or gal... they might have had 10 relationships in the last year, and the imam would only know that they come often to make salaat.

meh. I'm slightly more interested who on this forum told her. oh well.

I kind of doubt anyone. Are you actually sure of this? It's, frankly, hard to imagine that anyone on here would care.