Maniac Muslim Forums
loveProphet

Physics Questions

ok skip that one ill just ask my teacher.

i dont understand ANY of these...Motion of Charged Particles in a Uniform Electric Field

1. An electron and a proton are each placed at rest in an electric field of 520 N/C. Calculate the speed of each particle at 48.0 ns after being released.

4. charge A and charge B are 4 m apart, charge A is 6 uC and charge B is -2.5 uC. find the magnitude and direction of the electric field midway between them.

i know direction is towards B, b/c electrif fields are about positive test charges

magnitude...

you got d, qA, qB

idunno

5. charge A and charge B are 2 m apart, charge A is 1C, charbe B is 2C. charge C (which is 2C) is located btwn them at a certain point and the force on charge C is zero.

r is distance btwn c and a

y is distance btwn c and b

r + y = 2

r = 2-y

Fca = kqAqC/(2-y)^2

Fcb = kqBqC/y^2

sigmaF = Fca - Fcb

Fca = Fcb

Fca = 2k/(2-y)^2

Fcb = 4k/(y^2)

oh nvm i GOT THIS ONE :wow:

6. we calculated the electrical force in a hydrogen atom to be 8.2 x 10^-8 N where r = 5.3 x 10^-11 m

what is the tangential velocity of the electron in "orbit"?

compare this speed to the speed of light... 3.0 x 10^8 m/s

7. a proton in a particle beam has a KE of 3.25 x 10^-15 J. what are the magnitude and direction of the electric field that will stop it in a distance of 1.25 m?

well im gonna go to sleep now but ill be up by 5 AM inshaAllah so if ure around and have time and feel like it, if u could post a response before then that would be awesome inshaAllah...dont worry about everything else...just post#18

thanks uncle. =) salaam alaikum.

1. An electron and a proton are each placed at rest in an electric field of 520 N/C. Calculate the speed of each particle at 48.0 ns after being released.

4. charge A and charge B are 4 m apart, charge A is 6 uC and charge B is -2.5 uC. find the magnitude and direction of the electric field midway between them.

Force on the particle; F = E q

F = m a = E q

a = E q/m

speed after given time t; v = 0+at = Eqt/m (m differs for electron and proton, rest same)

4. lets call charges of A and B as qa, qb

say the midway point is C

distance AC = ra = (2m)

distance CB = rb

E field at C, due to A; E_A = k qa/ra^2

E field at C, due to B; E_B = k qb/rb^2 (qb is negative, so this is a negative quantity)

total field at C = E_A+E_B

6. we calculated the electrical force in a hydrogen atom to be 8.2 x 10^-8 N where r = 5.3 x 10^-11 m

what is the tangential velocity of the electron in "orbit"?

compare this speed to the speed of light... 3.0 x 10^8 m/s

this is like some thing in a circular orbit, with a given centrepital force

F = mv^2/r

F, m,r are known/given... so find v. thats ur answer

7. a proton in a particle beam has a KE of 3.25 x 10^-15 J. what are the magnitude and direction of the electric field that will stop it in a distance of 1.25 m?

work done by R feild shouls oppose the motion (hence field is pointed oposite of motion)

KE = work done by field = Force * d

Eq = F = KE/d

E = KE/(d * q)

uhh I think there's already a physics thread. but that's ok.

P.S. i have a physics test tomorrow, do dua for me please?

Hahaha...true say...is your wife a nerd? That'd be so cool. You could have nerd kids and populate the earth with tonnes of physics teachers.

The 3 pts I got off were because I misentered numbers in my calculator... :(

My aim is to practice pressing scientific Casio buttons!