Maniac Muslim Forums
UZ

Boycott EVERYTHING.

LOL I love the way you threaded my thoughts with your own at the start there :thumbup: awesome! :D

anyhow two more quick points

1. You are right this forum is a great place for people to test their ideas and flex their thought processes, my apologies if I was harsh.

and

b. it does not matter what you think about the west vs. Islam Dichotomy regardless of what you think it will continue to exist. You know why bro?

Because{ Islam is the Wall that capitalism slammed into at full speed. and capitalism was not wearing its belt. Think about it... every other ideology has been plowed under by the American dream Machine including it's biggest threat of the twentieth century sociialist communism (Cold War). Do you know what the fuel of this vehicle is? GREED. However Islam allows us to step outside the box and think in terms other than that of Duniya.

but hey what do I know? Im just a foolish ignorant man. teehee! <_<

what can I say, your message deserved the extra effort. ;). also total respects for your vow. I never made it official, but I couldn't care less for a corporate job or the american dream myself (but I have made it known that I have a weakspot for books, and bargin dvd's to help me make my islamic comics). total respects to you for that. and that does very much go with what Safia+h and I have ben talking about. more so what I have mentioned about the spiritual side of saying no to frivilous things like diamonds, and nike shoes. I don't think safia+h ever said you were ignorant for not being into fair trade, I think what she meant was that it was ignorant (this goes for anyone on the threads) to post without reading first. it's just silly. and also israel being the only reason for someone to boycott (not that it's a bad reason), infact if you want I could link you to several fairtrade, ecofriendly, and helping labour in palestine.

also, does this vow of poverty also mean that you cannot use products of illgotten means, for example, slave labour clothes or foods?

1. this is a perfect example of someone learning something on these threads, (nicehate, sal, take notice ;) )

b. (totally love how you went from 1 to b, classic. :P ) I can't say how stunned I am at you comment, not because I don't think it's true, but because you've just made what I've been trying to get through on this thread so blunt. now I think it's safe to say that considering many of nicehat, and sal's posts on this thread they are very much inclined to disagree with that P.O.V... I doubt they will not see themselves as greedy, they do not see islam and 'disaster capitalism' as two seperate things. but I am very aware that I cannot speak for either of them, and this is a guess based on their previous posts.

I have to make sure Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi is a hanafi scholar (which I'm pretty sure he is, (but I'd like ot get conformation before I present that to nicehat), you woulnd't happen to know would you? and which shaykh or scholar do you follow? are they hanafi?

thanks, take care.

khy,

also, does this vow of poverty also mean that you cannot use products of illgotten means, for example, slave labour clothes or foods?

I have to make sure Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi is a hanafi scholar (which I'm pretty sure he is, (but I'd like ot get conformation before I present that to nicehat), you woulnd't happen to know would you? and which shaykh or scholar do you follow? are they hanafi?

thanks, take care.

khy,

Yes buy nothing from wal-mart or with a made in china label on it...

and

I took a course on Usool Ul Fiqh and found myself agreeing with many different opinions, The Imam at my home Masjid (Malton Islamic Center) is a Hanafi but I just cannot slide myself into one Scholar at this point in time I will have to plead the fifth on that question. Perhaps in future when I get more knowledge I will be able to respond with some solid conviction but for now I have much to learn.

I am not sure about Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi, but I would ask an MMer named Desertsoul7 she is a fairly knowledgeable sister also try theenglishhumza another MMer, you cannot go wrong with him. Personally I am just a concienscious objector.

btw are you planning on publishing these Islamic comics online? I would not mind seeing some of them. Link them in your sig if you do.

Boycott Everything?

I will.

Starting with this thread and the idiots who started it.

B)

KillYourself.jpg

KillYourself.jpg

It's a little sad? To see people not take global warming, killing the planet, etc. so seriously.

Has anyone read the book Six Degrees by Mark Lynas? I'm thinking of picking it up at a local library or bookstore.

It's a little sad? To see people not take global warming, killing the planet, etc. so seriously.

Has anyone read the book Six Degrees by Mark Lynas? I'm thinking of picking it up at a local library or bookstore.

sad? or extreemly awesome? I mean some people are so edgey, so extreme and so hip that they're beyond 'anti-corporate'. infact they're so edgey and extreme and non-conformist that they go against sustainible living! screw you earth, it's us vs. you and we're gonna win! thats extreme! don't get in their way. they're edgy and non-conformist.

khy,

Sorry guys, I completely intend to reply to everything but I just have barely any free time at work right now and I don't wanna do a hack job so give me a few days.