Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NeXuS

Foods of the Prophet (pbuh)

May this information be beneficial to all of us

Foods of the Prophet(SAW)

Vinegar : was also a food Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) used to eat with olive oil. [That's now a fashion in expensive Italian Restaurants ;) ]

Milk: The Prophet(SAW) said that milk wipes away heat from the heart just as the finger wipes away sweat from the brow. It strengthens the back,increases the brain, augments intelligence, renews vision and drives away forgetfulness.

Honey: Considered to be the best remedy for diarrhea when mixed in hot water.It is the food of foods, drink of drinks and drug of drugs. It is used for creating appetite, strengthening the stomach, eliminating phlegm, as a meat preservative, hair conditioner, eye salve and mouthwash. It is extremely beneficial in the morning in warm water and is also a Sunnah.

Olive oil: excellent treatment for skin and hair, delays old age, treats inflammation of the stomach

Mushroom: The Prophet(SAW) said that mushroom is a good cure for the eyes,it also serves as a form of birth control and arrests paralysis.

Grapes: The Prophet was very fond of grapes, it purifies the blood, provides vigour and health, strengthens the kidneys and clears the bowels.

Dates: The Prophet(SAW) said that a house without dates has no food, also to be eaten at the time of childbirth.

Figs: It is a fruit from paradise and a cure for piles.

Barley: Good for fever in a soup form

Melon: Melon contains 1000 blessings and 1000 mercies, The prophet SAW said "None of your women who are pregnant and eat of water melon will fail to produce off spring who are good in countenance and good in character.

Pomegranate: The Prophet(SAW) said it cleanse you of Satan and evil aspirations for 40 days.

Water: the Prophet(SAW) said the best drink in this world and the next is Water, when you are thirsty drink it by sips and not gulps, gulping produces sickness of the liver. So praise be to our beloved Nabi(SAW) who related us with marvelous knowledgewhich dazzles the wisest minds.

yup thanks to Allah...the Prophet SAS told us about all of the above....theyre really beneficial MashaAllah....i can have ALL ov em except Vinegar :( it gives me a bad bad throat :(

Subhanallah, every single sunnah of Prophet SAW has a scientific miracle associated with it.

Allahu Akbar.

Jazakallah for posting.

Scientific backing:

Honey -

In her encyclopedic book Honey (Bee Research Association, 1975), Eva Crane lists over 20 studies on the bactericidal effects of honey. In an excellent 1995 article, J. McCarthy cites 10 reputable studies on the bactericidal effects of honey, including its effect on harmful bacteria found in the stomach (2); there are, of course, many more such studies. My favorite study is, unfortunately, an anecdotal one, albeit one told by a respected professor: A man suffering from serious, possibly terminal, stomach ulcers embarks on a honey diet as a last resort and is miraculously cured (3). Such anecdotes will always be popular and can be looked at as the spoonful of honey that helps the medicine (dry research reports) go down. And, if you accumulate enough anecdotes, you have data.

Source: How Honey Fits In

Figs -

Dried figs consist for about 60% of sugar, contain a lot of vitamins and it is said that humans could live on figs alone. It is a very healthy fruit and you can consume as much of them as you like.

Source: http://www.thefruitpages.com/figs.shtml

Olive Oil

Olive oil is very well tolerated by the stomach. In fact, olive oil's protective function has a beneficial effect on ulcers and gastritis. Olive oil activates the secretion of bile and pancreatic hormones much more naturally than prescribed drugs. Consequently, it lowers the incidence of gallstone formation.

Source: http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification...t/olive-oil.htm

More later. Gotta study.

JazakAllaahu Khair! I have been looking at this closely recently, subhanAllaah what a coincidence!

I actually have olive oil on my face as I type!

Thanks once again, JazakAllah

^ Lol... Why not?

I have sensitive skin and when the wind hits it, it gets dry. MashAllaah it really does help.

I have sensitive skin too!

But i use moisturizer.

Maybe i need some olive oil .......ahh a

if you put to much on it will clog your pores and then you will really have zits breaking out.

use it but dont over do it.

Oh my gosh. In that case I will stop, as of tomorrow morning. Insha'Allaah.

JazakAllaah brother for informing me!

And thank you tuluva... Should never have doubted you.