Maniac Muslim Forums
Zilam

Dropping babies off buildings

dead baby jokes any one?

thought not !

You guys are just lucky I wasn't here yesterday.

that's soo freakin' twistedd!!!!!

Sal: Yeh, I'm sure you would joke about that if you had a child that died.

Dumbass.

Assalamu Alaykum,

Some Islamic things to do at birth of baby (recommended, obligatory, etc, all included):

- Sacrifice meat (Aqeeqah)

- Eat date and put saliva in baby's mouth

- Adhan/Iqamah in baby's ears

- Shave hair

- Circumcision

- Name the baby

Things with no Islamic evidence:

- Throw baby off building

- Put him/her in microwave

- Sirat

- Shave hair

- Circumcision

- Name the baby

Can you explain some of these? I get the last two, as I went through that, but whats with the other three? I think I know what the adhan in the ears is, but who's hair is shaved? The babies? The parents? What if the baby has no hair? And why is it shaved? And why a date?

Things with no Islamic evidence:

- Throw baby off building

- Put him/her in microwave

- Sirat

Okay, this made me giggle.

Can you explain some of these? I get the last two, as I went through that, but whats with the other three? I think I know what the adhan in the ears is, but who's hair is shaved? The babies? The parents? What if the baby has no hair? And why is it shaved? And why a date?

Okay, this made me giggle.

Self-explanatory. Sacrifice a goat/sheep/etc and distribute the meat among the poor or family or yourself. This is obligatory on one who can afford it. According to the Prophet (PBUH), this is like paying off the mortgage of the child so he/she can intercede for the parents on the day of judgment.

An act of the Prophet (PBUH) - a recommended act, so the first thing that goes into the baby's mouth is the saliva of the father with taste of date.

Adhan and Iqamah are the call to prayers - again only a recommended act so the first thing the baby hears is the call to prayer. Goes like this: "Allah is the Greatest, I bear witness that there is no God worship besides Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. Come to Prayer. Come to Success. Allah is the Greatest. There is no God worthy of worship besides Him." But you can google for better translation and rhythm of the voice.

- Shave hair

This is another recommended act, not obligatory. To shave baby hairs on the 7th day and weigh the hair and give the value of the weight in gold or silver as charity.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

- Sirat

^ Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Abu Talha had a child who was sick. Once, while Abu Talha was out, the child died. When Abu Talha returned home, he asked, "How does my son fare?" Um Salaim (his wife) replied, "He is quieter than he has ever been." Then she brought supper for him and he took his supper and slept with her. When he had finished, she said (to him), "Bury the child (as he's dead)." Next morning Abu Talha came to Allah's Apostle and told him about that. The Prophet said (to him), "Did you sleep with your wife last night?" Abu Talha said, "Yes". The Prophet said, "O Allah! Bestow your blessing on them as regards that night of theirs." Um Sulaim gave birth to a boy. Abu Talha told me to take care of the child till it was taken to the Prophet. Then Abu Talha took the child to the Prophet and Um Sulaim sent some dates along with the child. The Prophet took the child (on his lap) and asked if there was something with him. The people replied, "Yes, a few dates." The Prophet took a date, chewed it, took some of it out of his mouth, put it into the child's mouth and did Tahnik for him with that, and named him 'Abdullah.

(Book 66: Book of Aqiqa, Sahih Bukhari)

Bengalis do crazy things, especially canadian bengalis

!!!!!

but yes. i don't think throwing babies is a good thing...unless you're a canadian bengali named !!!!!

I heard of dates, but never saliva.

Is it based only on that Hadith DesertSoul posted? Because it really doesn't mention saliva explicitly at all, and if it's referenced implicitly is up to interpretation.