Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Asma

LOVE

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

How abt we all write a story or hadith that could either increase our love for Allah (subhanahu wata’ala) or make us realize how much love He has for his servants.

Because by having that true love for our Creator and realizing His value which obviously is beyond our imagination, InshAllah khair it could make us successful believers.

Heres a very interesting point that a brother made during a speech at school once…

Would u ever give a very expensive and valuable gift to a stranger? Of course you would only give it to someone you truly love and care for. If someone gave u such a gift would u understand its high value, use it and then throw it back on the person’s face once you got tired of it…wouldn’t u rather show your appreciation and show ur love in return? This example is kind of similar to how Allah (subhanahu wata’ala) has given us the gift of deen and Islam, out of love. Would it be right to understand the value of this deen and then neglect it….neglect the love that came with it? Shouldn’t we show our appreciation and be grateful for being so lucky to receive such a gift. Shouldn’t we be taking care of that gift with all we got?

I don’t know if everyone understood but it was way more touching when I heard it

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (r.a.) that the Prophet (s.a.w.), from among the things he reports from his Lord, is that he said:

A servant (of Allah’s) committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me, my sin. And He (s.w.a.) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me, my sin. And He (s.w.a.) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O my Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (s.w.a.) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

(Muslim)

SubhanAllah! My mother, who loves me more than any other human being, loses patience when i do the same mistake more than twice! Truly He is Ar-Raheem!!

Those are very good reminders for the many blessings and mercies bestowed upon us -actually countless. Reading such things draws one closer to Allah (swa) and softens ones heart to do good. I have some hadiths i'd like to post too... just as soon as i'm done with exams lol :)

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Aside from nida i guess im the only one replying to this post :huh:<_<

I'm sure ya'll know at least one story or hadith that could bring us closer to Allah (subhanahu wata'ala)

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: `I will declare war against him who treats with hostility a pious worshipper of Mine. And the most beloved thing with which My slave comes nearer to Me, is what I have enjoined upon him; and My slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (voluntary prayers or doing extra deeds besides what is obligatory) until I love him, (so much so that) I become his hearing with which he hears, and his sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he strikes, and his leg with which he walks; and if he asks Me something, I will surely give him, and if he seeks My Protection (refuge), I will surely protect him".

[Al-Bukhari]

"O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islam), Allah will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the way of Allah, and never afraid of the blame of the blamers. That is the Grace of Allah which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower.'' (5:54)

Another narration of Muslim is: Messenger of Allah, (PBUH) said: "When Allah loves a slave, He calls Jibril (Gabriel) and says: `I love so-and-so; so love him.' And then Jibril loves him. Then he (Jibril) announces in the heavens saying: Allah loves so-and-so; so love him; then the inhabitants of the heavens (the angels) also love him; and then people on earth love him. And when Allah hates a slave, He calls Jibril and says: `I hate so-and-so, so hate him.' Then Jibril also hates him. He (Jibril) then announces amongst the inhabitants of heavens: `Verily, Allah hates so-and-so, so you also hate him.' Thus they also start to hate him. Then he becomes the object of hatred on the earth also".

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

We say that we love Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) but how deep is our love? Normally when you truly love someone with all your heart and soul, you love what they love and you hate what they hate…furthermore it brings great pain to see that loved one in any kind of displeasure, grief or pain. We try our best to keep that loved one happy and avoid any kind of action that might angry him/her or make us lose that person. You could only understand the importance of someone like that once you lose them. (I’m not some expert when it comes to love but bollywood really teaches you a lot! lol)

Similarly, as Muslims, our loved One should be Allah (subhanahu wata’ala). But why is it that we don’t feel hurt when our Creator is displeased by something…. For example, why do we enjoy listening to music when we know it displeases our Lord. Shouldn’t we be loving whatever He loves and hating whatever He hates? Is our love really that strong after all? This question goes to me before anyone else. It is stated that Allah (subhanahu wata’ala) loves his servants 77 times (??? Is that the right number…plz correct me if im wrong) more than our own mother. Our CREATOR loves us so much….as servants, what is our love compared to His?

A hadith that i like...

Abu Bakr was the quickest of the Companions to rush to any good deed.

From Abu Daud (with an authenticity of "hassan"): Umar ibn Al-Khattab said:

The Prophet (SAW) ordered us to give sadaqa. It happened to coincide with some wealth I had just acquired and I said to myself: If I will ever surpass Abu Bakr, this is the day I will surpass him. And so I came to the Prophet (SAW) with half of my wealth and he (SAW) said to me: "What have you left for your family?" I said: The same amount.

Then Abu Bakr came with all of his wealth. The Prophet (SAW) said to him: "What have you left for your family?" He said: I have left them Allah and His Messenger."

I said: I will never surpass you in anything."

Where do we stand in comparrison?

oooh i love this one!!! I remember alot of ppl giving it as an example during halaqas and speeches

Seriously like how much would we give for the sake of allah (subhanahu wata'ala)?

Theses sahabis (radiyallahu anhum) had an amzing love for their deen subhanAllah!

If u got abu bakrs deeds and the rest of the ummahs and put them on a scale, his would be heavier and do u know y:

cos of wat was in his heart.

:D i love that sooo much.

Surah Sajdah:9 "Then He fashioned him and breathed into him of His Spirit; and appointed for you hearing and sight and hearts. Small thanks give ye!"

Surah Taubah:24 "Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwellings in which you delight ... are dearer to you than Allâh and His Messenger, and striving hard and fighting in His Cause , then wait until Allâh brings about His Decision (torment). And Allâh guides not the people who are Al-Fâsiqûn (the rebellious, disobedient to Allâh)."

Surah Imran:31 "Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "If you (really) love Allâh then follow me, Allâh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

This is taken from a speech, "A Promise to Love" made by Sister Aisha Sheema at a Young Muslims Conference. "Allah (awj) is Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahim. We cannot even imagine how much He loves us. After creating us, He didn't just leave us, he gave us the Qu'ran which is the greatest favor to us. We can't ever count the favors from Allah (awj) even if we tried. Many times in the Qu'ran Allah (awj) asks us, don't we ponder upon his creation, or the favors he's given us? Don't we understand? Some of the most important faculties He has given us are the faculties of thinking (our mind) and the ability to feel. If we didn't have a mind we could never reason. If someone is always being kind, and you develop a love for them you try to make them happy. We say we love Allah (awj) but we don't do much to keep Him happy. It's obvious that Allah (awj) loves us, we should love Him back. And how do you show your love for Him? By your actions and carrying out His commands."

I hope this was beneficial insh'Allah. :D

Guest Salina

Wow!

MashAllah that was very inspiring- JazakAllahul Khairun

The first type of love that Islam calls for is the Love of Allah, praise be to Him. This love makes you avoid committing sins in order not to make whom you love, Allah, get angry with you.  This love also urges you to contemplate all the different aspect of nature that usually lead you to have a deeper faith in the Creator who created all this beauty round us.