Maniac Muslim Forums
rumaysa°

Web Design

How do i make these top faded back rounds for a banner?

What do you mean? :unsure: Can you give an example?

Ok...Ahem. If you rightclick on the Maniac muslim forum banner and see view backround image. how do i make that? ive been on photochop the past 3 days its killing me.

Are you talking about this image?

tile_back.gif

If so, it's just a simple gradient. Play around with the gradient tool, very easy to pick up.

I have another question, you know how on Maniac muslim the site (not the forums) , how did Hamzah-Biah put that slide show thing on (321 blast , thenew article, comedy). I saw that on a site a while ago, and then Hamazah biah added it im going crazy again...:(

I have another question, you know how on Maniac muslim the site (not the forums) , how did Hamzah-Biah put that slide show thing on (321 blast , thenew article, comedy). I saw that on a site a while ago, and then Hamazah biah added it im going crazy again...:(

Here...this is where you can find the exact script...they've got instructions on the page

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14...tationslide.htm

I hope that helps! By the way, the website is a fantastic resource for all kinds of nifty projects.

^ That is one neat script! I'm digging it's use on the main website, good work weebee!

^ That is one neat script! I'm digging it's use on the main website, good work weebee!

I for one highly dislike it. The images move too quick, and coming in from the left. This is very dizzying and annoying. Ideally the images would fade in/out.

Also, there is no navigation, so if I want to see image 1 and am on image 2 now, I have to wait till all 4/5 images have rotated to get back to image 1. I will have left the site by that time.

^ You know what, you're right, and I agree. The individual images were aesthetically pleasing, they were consistent, and well designed. But in terms of functionality, the whole thing can (and should) be tweaked. That's the thing about design, it has to 1) look good and 2) actually work efficiently. It's hard to master the two realms.

^ You know what, you're right, and I agree. The individual images were aesthetically pleasing, they were consistent, and well designed. But in terms of functionality, the whole thing can (and should) be tweaked. That's the thing about design, it has to 1) look good and 2) actually work efficiently. It's hard to master the two realms.

which is why you have me judge it till it's good. then it's easy. you just have to do the work, and i'll do the thinking.

^ It looks smashing masha'Allah.

It's lookin swell, Salman, :yes:

So I've copied a bit of the code...this appears in the begginning.

I'ma try and walk you through this.

<script language="JavaScript1.2">

//Presentational Slideshow Script- By Dynamic Drive
//For full source code and more DHTML scripts, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com
//This credit MUST stay intact for legal use

var slideshow_width='100px' //SET SLIDESHOW WIDTH (set to largest image's width if multiple dimensions exist)
var slideshow_height='100px' //SET SLIDESHOW HEIGHT (set to largest image's height if multiple dimensions exist)
var pause=3000 //SET PAUSE BETWEEN SLIDE (2000=2 seconds)
var slidebgcolor="white"

var dropimages=new Array()
//SET IMAGE PATHS. Extend or contract array as needed
dropimages[0]="image1.gif"
dropimages[1]="image2.gif"
dropimages[2]="image3.gif"

To adjust the size, see where it says:

var slideshow_width='100px' //SET SLIDESHOW WIDTH (set to largest image's width if multiple dimensions exist)
var slideshow_height='100px' //SET SLIDESHOW HEIGHT (set to largest image's height if multiple dimensions exist)

In the first line, where its currently set to 100px, change the width to your desired width in pixels.

In the second line, change it to your desired height in pixels.

Secondly, to add your images, you need an image path. This basically tells the browser where to grab the pictures from. You can host it on your own server, or you can upload it to a site like photobucket.com and use a direct link that they give...Lemme show you where that would be:

//SET IMAGE PATHS. Extend or contract array as needed
dropimages[0]="image1.gif"
dropimages[1]="image2.gif"

If you have more than three images, you can adjust the code, and add more lines. For example, after

You would have

dropimages[3]="image4.gif"

And so one and so forth.

I'm not sure how clear those instructions were, but if ya need further help, lemme know! :)