Maniac Muslim Forums
Spider

How to save money thread

How to save your money?

Its simple really - Don't spend it!!!

Best answer yet!

Think of the starving children of Africa.

There are starving children everywhere. Why generalize? :huh:

If by "how to save money" you really mean "how to increase your wealth" try giving more in charity and Allah soubhanahou wa ta ala will increase your rizq twofold or more as He wills. :)

There are starving children everywhere. Why generalize? :huh:

If by "how to save money" you really mean "how to increase your wealth" try giving more in charity and Allah soubhanahou wa ta ala will increase your rizq twofold or more as He wills. :)

I know. I was just being comically ignorant.

Has anyone mentioned lunch?

I'm sure since there's been 6 pages and 81 posts somebody probably has- but really, the amount we spend daily on rubbish-y meal deals/pasta/baguettes and etc really does add up insanely. So take your own in and actually- while you're at it, just stay at home....you will defo save lots of pennies this way!

I'm sure since there's been 6 pages and 81 posts somebody probably has- but really, the amount we spend daily on rubbish-y meal deals/pasta/baguettes and etc really does add up insanely. So take your own in and actually- while you're at it, just stay at home....you will defo save lots of pennies this way!

Yes definitely. It takes only a few minutes the previous evening to ensure you don't have to spend £3-£5 on lunch at work the next day. Over the course of a week, a month, a year that is some serious moolah.

:yes:

i was talking to someone at uni today and she was moaning about not be bale to save her earnings, then she said she spends around 300 pounds on lunch every month. kinda dumb.

What! That's £10 a day for 30 days (i.e.: including weekends!)- she crazy! I can understand splurging out for lunch once or twice a week (if you're going out with colleagues/friends and not just having a quick 'functional' lunch)- but to spend that much so regularly is kinda insane.

Having said that, I used to have a work colleague who would buy her breakfast from Starbucks (coffee, raison toast, yoghurt) and bring it into the office. Then at lunch, have a full spread of all the organic stuff. Then for afternoon snacks buy very expensive (out of season!) strawberries and blueberries etc- THEN would eat dinner in the evenings out with her friends at least 3 times a week too. It could almost make you cry!