Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dawud Israel

How NOT to be a Two-face

I don't get it. What's the point of this thread when the same ideas were being discussed in the other?

Dawud wanted me to have the last post in the other thread.... like knighting my post

Ohh yeah B)

Oooh nice thread i could show it to a LOT of people.

Rules.

1) Stop lying tell the truth.

2) Being nice is fake, so stop that too.

3) Backbiting is a nono.

4) If you talk about others bad = you are jelous.

5) Don't laugh for no reason.

6) Noone likes sly snakes so end the slyness

7) Two faces aren't attractive.

8) Get over yourself!

9) Stop being such an ungrateful person

10) If you tell anyone a secret, prepare to die a slow painful death.

I could go on and on with these rules...i am fed up of girls who are like that, looks can be so decieving.

Oooh nice thread i could show it to a LOT of people.

Rules.

1) Stop lying tell the truth.

2) Being nice is fake, so stop that too.

3) Backbiting is a nono.

4) If you talk about others bad = you are jelous.

5) Don't laugh for no reason.

6) Noone likes sly snakes so end the slyness

7) Two faces aren't attractive.

8) Get over yourself!

9) Stop being such an ungrateful person

10) If you tell anyone a secret, prepare to die a slow painful death.

I could go on and on with these rules...i am fed up of girls who are like that, looks can be so decieving.

Sometimes its best not to say whats always on your mind. What if you don't like a person based on ill judgment or even if it is really how you feel. Will you tell them "I think you're this and that" ?

Being nice is fake? :blink:

--

How not to be a two faced: Fix your defective other face and mesh the two into a good one.

everybody have shortcomings.

If you are the type who pray on time at the masjid, but lose the piety when met with opposite gender- and start to flirt that doesn't necessarily make you a two-faced. Just work on your weaknesses. i.e., start by lowering your gaze.

I think the biggest priority of this thread and the other one is to properly define two faced-ness. Seems like people have confused flaws with being fake. Going by that definition one could even call that confusion two-faced.

But no, being fake is yet another flaw. All flaws are not fakes. Having flaws in one area but being good in another doesn't make one a fake.

Make 4357830849753 excuses for them because fake is surprisingly subjective. Do you know how many non muslims think were "trying to pull something" when we put (pbuh) after the names of prophets? And likewise "or flirty and then religious" is also rather subjective, there is quite a bit written about this particular concept in the blogosphere.

r-z makes a good point. What's the definition of being two faced?

When you say two faced, do you consider that person to be a hypocrite? Is being two faced always bad?

I cant seem to find the exact source but if you can find it, read up on the story of Handala (sp?) who told the Prophet sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam that he had turned into a hypocrite because when he was wit the Prophet and the companions at the masjid he acted differently than he did when he was at home with his family. However, the Prophet sal Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam didn't condemn him as a hypocrite for that and din't tell him that what he was doing was wrong nor was he given advice on how he could change that.

There is a time for everything. Our personlaities change depending the people we are with. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

For example, there are certain people with whom i can talk to openly about anything and i'm not afraid to tell them what i think, while there are others in front of whom i tend to stay quiet. The first person might think that i'm very outgoing and outspoken while the second one might think that i'm extremely shy and quiet. I just develop different personalities with different people depending on my level of comfort when being with them. I don't consider it wrong.

If one is sinning when with one person, and is being pious when in the company of another, then i don't believe the goal should be to get rid of the two facedness. The goal should be to stop sinning altogether.

Building the concept of Al-Muraqqaba within ourselves is a good way to ensure there is somewhat of a consistncy in our actions.

So how can you not be two-faced?

try to please Allah in everything you do... and practice what you preach. yes.

Sometimes its best not to say whats always on your mind. What if you don't like a person based on ill judgment or even if it is really how you feel. Will you tell them "I think you're this and that" ?

Being nice is fake? :blink:

--

How not to be a two faced: Fix your defective other face and mesh the two into a good one.

It depends on the person and who they say it too. Usually if they tell you that you look fine when you know your zombiefied from sleeping late thats being kinda fake. But when they tell lies so people would like them, now thats FAKE. <_<

Sheikh Syed Ramadan-Double Faces/Lives Part 1 & 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAx52MM9FJ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBgdvkckTkk