Maniac Muslim Forums
Spider

Don't. Play. Lottery.

Yep.

But why? if you're not betting anything...

say you happen to be the 50,000th customer to walk in to a shop, and that makes you eligible for a some cash?

Yeah something like this. you're not betting or gambling anything.

But why? if you're not betting anything...

She asked what happens with the winnings after you play the lottery and are successful so you have already betted.

She asked what happens with the winnings after you play the lottery and are successful so you have already betted.

what if u win money by chance? like randomly....is it still considered "haram money"

I thought she meant if you JUST HAPPEN to win money, like in r-z's example.

I thought she meant if you JUST HAPPEN to win money, like in r-z's example.

Oooooooh- I thought she meant what if you just happened to win after playing, what do you consider the money once it's been won.

WHOOPSY!

Sorry tnt_hijabi- ignore me, I totally lost the point there :/

what if u win money by chance? like randomly....is it still considered "haram money"

If you did not put money into winning the money then it isn't gambling.

So, I sometimes go to a friends house for breakfast. Her guy friend comes over and always brings lotto tickets. I explained that I don't play, but his feelings got hurt and he left any way. It was a crossword, I scratched it off and of course there was money to be won. I will not turn it in. Should I just leave with my friend or throw it away?

Give it to me. I need to buy a new KAARR :D

My grandma used to play it weekly Bless her lol. The uncles n aunts used to tell her it was Haraam, but she just told em to get lost (I'm kidding) I can' remember what she used to say though, but she didn't stop. Passed away in Ramadan though, she was GOLD. May Allah swt open the doors of Jannah for her and forgive her for her sins on the Day of Judgement Ameen Ya Rabbi.

My parents used to play it when we were younger. My brother would always pick out the numbers and apparently he picked out the correct numbers one day and my father didn't bother going to the post office to give it in because it was raining! We could have been millionaires.

My dad still plays it. And it twinges a nerve every time he asks me to write down the numbers. .___.

its just such a retarded thing to spend money on. double taxing the poor and mathmatically challenged. sufice. sufice. if you are happy with what sufices.

Totally dooode. Not to mention wasting time and energy *hoping* to get the money, and at the end of the day all you're stuck with are feelings of disappointment and hopelessness. You're setting up yourself to feel horribly, yet it doesn't stop people from doing it. I guess it's similar to drugs that way. People do some illogical tingz.

Next time perhaps I'll win! And the cycle continues until it becomes a game, a habit, a cycle of momentary joy ending in disappointment. The best thing would be not to start, but that's easier said than done. It looks innocent and well, everyone is doing it so it can't be that bad. That is until they're throwing away money they can use for other more imp things, and their family life is a wreck cuz they couldn't control themselves and lost sight of what was truly important. It truly is a sad to see people fall prey to these games, the suffering it causes and the damage it does to families and lives. I dunno what else can describe this other than "the footsteps of shaytan". If only it would be widely recognized as such, people would keep their distance. Sigh