Maniac Muslim Forums
Bhattz

Pakistani Music

Who else here's a fan of Pak Music? Anyone a fan of Imran Khan, Noori, Jal, or Atif Aslam? Are there any specific songs that you absolutely love? What sites do you use to download your music? I personally prefer www.songs.pk and www.pakimp3.org - Any concerts coming up in your area? I attended Toronto's Atif Aslam Concert back in May and plan on seeing Jal in concert in approx. 2 weeks iA! Discuss the Pak Music Scene and much more here :)

Here are some of my favorite Pakistani Music Videos, Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_pZ3zdwwF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsGKmHZ3Wxw

^ I've heard Hamesha. It is the good track. I like Jal, Noori, Mizraab, Aaroh, Raeth, and of course, Junoon. Also, this is bomb:

"Main Mast Hoon" by Jal is also great.

Atif Aslam is the best...i dont care what anyone says he comes out with the best music

the Vital Signs were the best thing in pakistani music history!!

Saqib, I wouldn't take your word for it. At least not from any guy with a sparkly rainbow as an avator.

Wasn't Atif caught raping his boyfriend at a hotel room by the room service dude? And then the media

had to remove all of that to save his career and dignity? HAHHAHA. Idk. :S

Yo Vital Signs ARE awesome.

Aisi Zameen

Aur Aasman

Inkay Siwa

Jaana Kahan

Bhadti Rahay

Yeh Roshni

Chalta Rahay

Yeh Karvan

Dil Dil Pakistan

Jaan Jaan Pakistan

Dil Dil Pakistan

Jaan Jaan Pakistan

:grin:

Guest Sister Who

Ummm.. I wont start the music debate, but can I just say since Atif Aslam is a muslim, please don't say bad stuff/reveal bad stuff - since it could count as backbiting?

:ph34r:

Ummm.. I wont start the music debate, but can I just say since Atif Aslam is a muslim, please don't say bad stuff/reveal bad stuff - since it could count as backbiting?

ph34r.gif

Excuse me,

We shouldn't backbite toward ANYONE. Not just Muslims.

And it's a ruckus that has happened a while ago, out in the open.

Everyone knows he drinks, gets drunk, etc even knowingly.

Anyone who puts themselves in the public eye in such a position

will no doubt receive criticism and whispers of whatnot.

Why is his dilemma wrong yet celebrity gossip of anyone else

is all right. Because he's a Muslim and they're not???

I beg to differ.

Or what about Britney Spears whose life we make a complete

mockery out of? Surely, she's a human being, too, and clearly

has problems but that's none of our business.

What about world news and media portraying all the wrong doings

Muslims are doing to another, whether they are "famous" or not.

And the shows that serve as celeb gossip in Muslim

countires or with Muslim celebs?

Isn't that also backbiting and gossip as it IS talking about someone

else in a way that puts them in a horrible light?

If you live a life willingly a certain way and continue to make

a fool out of yourself knowingly in the public eye,

then you can't complain. Just grow up and stop drinking

and sober up.

I'm sorry but I just had to say that.

**You/They/Someone=General People

Plus, I thought music was haraam.

For all you Atif Aslam Fans, Here's Your Dream Come True.

Excuse me,

We shouldn't backbite toward ANYONE. Not just Muslims.

And it's a ruckus that has happened a while ago, out in the open.

Everyone knows he drinks, gets drunk, etc even knowingly.

Anyone who puts themselves in the public eye in such a position

will no doubt receive criticism and whispers of whatnot.

Why is his dilemma wrong yet celebrity gossip of anyone else

is all right. Because he's a Muslim and they're not???

I beg to differ.

Or what about Britney Spears whose life we make a complete

mockery out of? Surely, she's a human being, too, and clearly

has problems but that's none of our business.

What about world news and media portraying all the wrong doings

Muslims are doing to another, whether they are "famous" or not.

And the shows that serve as celeb gossip in Muslim

countires or with Muslim celebs?

Isn't that also backbiting and gossip as it IS talking about someone

else in a way that puts them in a horrible light?

If you live a life willingly a certain way and continue to make

a fool out of yourself knowingly in the public eye,

then you can't complain. Just grow up and stop drinking

and sober up.

Id have to agree with you but a muslim who drinks is still your muslim brother

Guest Sister Who

Excuse me, We shouldn't backbite toward ANYONE. Not just Muslims.

And it's a ruckus that has happened a while ago, out in the open.Everyone knows he drinks, gets drunk, etc even knowingly. Anyone who puts themselves in the public eye in such a position will no doubt receive criticism and whispers of whatnot.

Why is his dilemma wrong yet celebrity gossip of anyone else is all right. Because he's a Muslim and they're not??? I beg to differ.

Or what about Britney Spears whose life we make a complete mockery out of? Surely, she's a human being, too, and clearly has problems but that's none of our business.

What about world news and media portraying all the wrong doingsMuslims are doing to another, whether they are "famous" or not.

And the shows that serve as celeb gossip in Muslim countires or with Muslim celebs? Isn't that also backbiting and gossip as it IS talking about someone

else in a way that puts them in a horrible light? If you live a life willingly a certain way and continue to make a fool out of yourself knowingly in the public eye, then you can't complain. Just grow up and stop drinking and sober up.

Iya, Im sure Bhattz made this thread to appreciate the MUSIC made by these artists, and not their lifestyles nor what they do behind closed doors. I never condoned backbiting anyone, muslim or otherwise. The reason I mentioned the muslim bit was because that makes him your brother :) and even if he drinks, fornicates - he is still your brother. Even if he does sin in public, he is your brother, you still don't have a right to criticize him.

You can't beg to differ when I didn't even make any of those points that you have said. :s

As for what Britney spears does, please find me a post where I have said bad things about her or mocked her for her lifestyle. I personally don't give a crap about any of these people, I feel bad for her mental state, esp when shes got two kids, so i'll just make duah that Allah swt makes it easy and guides them all. Ameen, that is it.

And you cant bring about muslim-celeb-gossip tv, how on earth am i supposed to do anything about that? I don't watch it, I don't really care what they spout, its pure rubbish anyway, all i said was that if people could kindly not mention bad things, because it is considered backbiting. I based that on something i read where the Prophet pbuh told of two people who said something like "I cant believe so and so still drinks even after being publicly punished" - his sin was in public, he was punished, but the prophet pbuh still told of those people for critiszing him, so based on that I just asked you guys politely to not discuss stuff like that. Just because someone has not got the imaan/taqwa to not sin, doesn't put us in a position to critisize them, sure give naseehah and condemn the sin but there is no need to criticize. At the end of the day, its because of Allah swt that we are in guided enough not to drink/fornicate, so just make duah for the rest and chill.

And yeah Music is haraam, but this thread isn't here to discuss that. :)

Saqib: biggrin.gif

Dude, you guys took everything I said in a wrong way.

SW: No, I didn't say you said anything about Britney Spears. I was giving an example how media backbites.

Please note that I was giving examples, general ones, not at all directed to you personally and that is why

on the bottom of my post it says: "**You/They/Someone=General People"

I know Atif is a Muslim and all, but I still think he should be careful with how he presents himself.

And that's not just for him, but for anyone who is in public eye.

I'm not criticizing him as a Muslim, but as a human being who puts himself in such situations

that may scrutinize his career. Yes, he is very talented and has a nice voice and all MashaALLAH

but I still think he needs to be a bit more careful...

There's an evangelical saying "Hate the sin, not the sinner."

Alas, SW and Saqib. you are right and I DO agree that we shouldn't criticize people's sins and bring them about in public

even if they have already been so.

My point was we shouldn't backbite regardless of who it is. I just felt like the emphasis on "Muslim" made it

seem as though it's OKAY for us to backbite nonMuslims, when that is totally not the case.

Bhattz, I'm sorry for going off topic on your thread. I just HAD to say what I did. biggrin.gif So forgive me for that, please.

Ameen Ameen Ameen.

Bhattz you are So pakistani, it makes me miss pakistan biggrin.gif

and guys (SW and lya) backbiting is something different than 'amr bil ma'ruf wa nahy an al munkar' (loosely translated: command the good and forbid evil) if something is wrong, you have a right to say it's wrongsmile.gif

Sister Who: Thanks! Since you don't listen to music (I'm assuming that this doesn't include qasidas, naats, etc.), this is for you, enjoy -

As for all the Atif Aslam bashing..we all make mistakes, its terrible that his get publicized in the media, but there are better things to talk about rather than who got 'drunk' last weekend. A lot of these gossip 'news' shows often make up their stories or really exaggerate them. This is illustrated when Atif Aslam was accused by the Indian media of being gay and abusing a man who the Indian media have claimed was his "boyfriend"..that's ridiculous to say at the very least (and says a lot about the Indian Media's professionalism)!

Yeah he's been at the centre of some pretty absurd rumours in the past, but he's also a very successful Pakistani music artist and I will always support my fellow Paks :P .

Iris: Thank you. Pakistan Zindabad!

A while back JoSH and a couple Sardarjis got together at Coke Studio in Khi. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGXfS86rQ-0