Maniac Muslim Forums
Ali Hakim

Twilight

I've only read the first book. It was well-written. I think the Twilight series is over rated though.

if you want to corrupt a young girl's mind and make her live miserably for the rest of her life, give her a copy of twilight -_-

I'm sorry Leenypoo but in no universe is twilight "well written" that book practically drips cheese. I think the series is a bad example to young girls, Bella spends all of her time thinking and moping about Edward he's in every aspect of her life sets pretty low standards for girls.

On the other hand I reckon reading more can never hurt you no matter what the reading material is as long as you can distinguish between fact and fiction...

It's not only about distinguishing between facts and fiction. It's setting some kind of standard for young girls about how a guy should be. You read ridiculous stories these days about how so many girls want an "Edward". And not even all of them are young! (12-16 is what I consider young).

I'm sorry Leenypoo but in no universe is twilight "well written" that book practically drips cheese. I think the series is a bad example to young girls, Bella spends all of her time thinking and moping about Edward he's in every aspect of her life sets pretty low standards for girls.

On the other hand I reckon reading more can never hurt you no matter what the reading material is as long as you can distinguish between fact and fiction...

Ha! Yes, it was dripping with cheese indeed, and I guess that's one of the reasons why I didn't bother reading the other books. But it did have a good flow to it, and did manage to attract what seems like its intended target audience. I think it was well-written because it had a good flow to it and was easy to read. Cheesy, yes, but also well-written. I guess you have your opinion and I have mine :P But yeah, the cheesyness (cheesiness?) is not really something appealing to me.

If Taylor Swift and Taylow Lautner marry, they'll both be Tayloy Lautner. :)

It's fantasy. It's not real. No one is ever going to marry a vampire and even if they did exist, it would just be ODD.

I haven't even opened the book yet but I just wanna clarify something:

A book can be well written even if it has no interest to you.

The Iliad and the Homer, in my opinion are very well-written books but they suck to me because I have no interest in reading them nor is it appealing.

With that being said, the entire message of the book is just the exact OPPOSITE. It makes getting pregnant is a cool thing and etc.

Do you have ANY idea how many girls, both young and old are like overly freakishly obsessed with Edward Cullen? I swear... it's just weeeird. I liked Harry Potter [the series] but I never met anyone that fantasized about a wizard and here are people fantasizing about a fictional character.

And what is up with Jacob Black/Taylor Lautner? Ewwww.

It's not only about distinguishing between facts and fiction. It's setting some kind of standard for young girls about how a guy should be. You read ridiculous stories these days about how so many girls want an "Edward". And not even all of them are young! (12-16 is what I consider young).

Lol are you feeling threatened by an abstaining vampire who's the image of male perfection?

Don't worry most young girls have ridiculous fairytale images of their dream guy, just like guys have an image of their dream girl, but then something called growing up happens where you see what the real world is like and real men and you soon give up pretending that an Edward type guy could possibly be of the male gender.

Just saw the above post and have you read the books? It's written by some Jehova's witness type person and Bella and Edward only get it together after they're married...

The only time I like cheese is on my toast with hot sauce, mmm..

cause her religion makes up some of the themes in the books, and the reason why these books were so popular esp in the US was because conservative parents allowed them because they didn't encourage sex before marriage... I'm not defending them personally think they're a load of trash but I see no reason why people shouldn't read them either.

The only reason these books are popular is because of marketing, there was a gap left when Harry Potter finished, Twilight is filling it.

cause her religion makes up some of the themes in the books, and the reason why these books were so popular esp in the US was because conservative parents allowed them because they didn't encourage sex before marriage... I'm not defending them personally think they're a load of trash but I see no reason why people shouldn't read them either.

The only reason these books are popular is because of marketing, there was a gap left when Harry Potter finished, Twilight is filling it.

Wait, I didn't read the books so fill me in on these questions cuz I read somewhere Bella and Edward committed zina and then you wrote:

Bella and Edward only get it together after they're married

So what really happened?

http://en.wikipedia....ilight_(series)

I was going to be evil and say read the books but I won't put you through that. The only weird thing aside from all the vampirey blood sucking thing is that one of Bella's exes - Jacob (a werewolf) thinks that Bella and Edward's daughter is his soulmate...

LOL. Thank you for sparing me.

My sis loves the books but I'm too embarrassed to go find her and ask her.

And the latter is just disturbing. Creeepy.

http://maniacmuslim.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17914-twilight/page__hl__twilight__fromsearch__1 <-similar?

eh, it was a good series, but you have to remember its fictional and not get carried away with it <_<

and then the whole thing on little girls reading "breaking dawn", that was a bit too eh..mature? for them. the whole honeymoon thing..yeah :blink:

I've only read the first book. It was well-written. I think the Twilight series is over rated though.

hah, well written?

they get a bit better written as they go on, but the fourth book is truly insane

if you want to corrupt a young girl's mind and make her live miserably for the rest of her life, give her a copy of twilight -_-

i normally dont agree with "X book will corrupt young people" but in one sense i agree with you. hardly likely to make them wanna sin more, but a lot of people are growing up thinking a creepy stalker/romance/obsession thing like edward and bella is true love.

Wait, I didn't read the books so fill me in on these questions cuz I read somewhere Bella and Edward committed zina and then you wrote:

So what really happened?

well, i dont like the movies but i cant wait to see if they actually try filming the fourth book. it is crazy. btw, here be spoilers.

first off(and sorry for language, not sure what is a ok in this board yet)

bella and edward get married. then they have sex(which is fairly normal so far) except, since she is a weak human and he is this 100 year old(bella is a teen, creepy much?) suprahumanshe gets hurt. basically edward nearly screws bella to death. she likes it, and after 2 weeks of healing it happens again. WTH?

she gets pregnant, edward trys really hard to convince her to get it aborted(even asking one of her other friends, jacob, to have sex with her afterwards so she can have a non vampire baby :blink:)

since its a vampire baby, when it kicks her her ribs break and spine is broken(that should be fun for bella to film, really dignified) and when it is eventually being born, edward has to give her a C-Section WITH HIS TEETH, cause its an invincible vampire uterus or something.

and then, jacob the werewolf imprints on her baby.

what the heck twilight? seriously?

that should be a train wreck of a movie if they ever make it.