Maniac Muslim Forums
Iris

Friday Kahf reminder

It takes me about 45 mintues to finish it. Blah , at my place here they read yaaseen instead of al kahf on thursday nights. Assalamualaikum everyone

45 mins is not bad. I didn't time myself today but I think I still take an hr to read it.

Make it a habit every Friday and you'll cut down your time, inshaAllah. :) Soon enough you'll be able to recite it without even looking at the pages.

Yea, I'm hoping if I read it enough times, I'll at least by heart enough of it. InshaAllah. :)

I'm pretty sure I'm getting slower if anything. :( I thought I could finish it before maghrib time and I went well past maghrib. InshaAllah it counts.

I found a nice site though: http://quran.com/18

It has audio, transliteration, translation and you can add or remove these depending on how you prefer. The Arabic text is also pretty clear and spread out unlike some sites where the words are not clear.

Narrated by Al Bara(Radhiallaho anho):

A man was reciting Surat Al-Kahf and his horse was tied with two ropes beside him. A cloud came down and spread over that man, and it kept on coming closer and closer to him till his horse started jumping (as if afraid of something).

When it was morning, the man came to Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam), and told him of that experience. The Prophet said, "That was As-Sakina (tranquility) which descended because of (the recitation of) the Qur'an."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 6 : No. 531

jumuah mubarak everyone :) don't forget to read surah al-kahf! (lol this thread always reminds me to!)

If you read AlQuran regularly, you'll become fluent in the recitation insha'Allah. Try to recite Quran everyday, however large or small the amount, and also read the meaning of it English/Tafser.

A day will come when these words will be taken out of all books and out of all men/womens hearts, back to the creator who created them.

May Allah reward those who are steadfast in His s.w.t Religion, and count us amongst the most favoured ameen.