Maniac Muslim Forums
theenglishhumza

Sheikh Roald Dahl

roald dahl.. never read a book of his, but when I used to be in grades 2-4, our teacher would read us a couple of pages from his books at the end of each lesson. I loved the stories.

Not even Charlie & The Chocolate Factory????

Well Roald Dahl definitely had an imagination not sure that it was a clean as everyone thinks though, some of his stuff for adults is really explicit and twisted.

Not even Charlie & The Chocolate Factory????

yes, none.

This is seriously one of my all time favourite authors. I grew up reading all of his stuphph. My favourite was George's Marvellous Medicine! There used to be so much of meds at my house at the time that my brother and I wanted to do what he did and make our own medication lol

I don't like the look of fantastic mr fox. I don't know what it is, its just the posters put me off. But I know I'll watch it anyways :/

'The Twits' still makes me laugh every time I read it :D

lol after I read that book, (and sometimes I still do), everytime I saw a bearded man I would wonder what bits of food he had hiding in there :lol:

Good poem.

Its true, we shouldnt let kids watch so much TV. And when they make all these books into movies, people stop reading because they can just watch the book on a screen :no: sad.

Good poem.

Its true, we shouldnt let kids watch so much TV. And when they make all these books into movies, people stop reading because they can just watch the book on a screen :no: sad.

Ban Kindles? Yeh I agree.

My fave Roald Dahl book was 'Boy'.

Why ban Kindles? Its still reading and not mindless watching of the television with no use of imagination.

Ban Kindles? Yeh I agree.

My fave Roald Dahl book was 'Boy'.

Nah, kindles are ok, but I still prefer paper versions.

My fave was Charlie and the Chocolate factory and Matilda. I loved the films aswell.

Why ban Kindles? Its still reading and not mindless watching of the television with no use of imagination.

I was actually joking lol! But I don't really like Kindles, but they're good for places where it's hard to get books, like in Libya. I got stuck there and I was trawling the shops for decent books in English and I couldn't find a thing!

Lol, okay. I was confused there for a bit.

Kindles are good in the sense that you can get any book you want and not have to worry about shelf space. But there are certain books that you just have to own hard copies off. But I also have this issue with not liking to read things of a screen for too long and thats why I prefer books.