Maniac Muslim Forums
theenglishhumza

Sheikh Roald Dahl

Mind you, I have never been able to read the Kindle even on the tube without feeling like a bit of a pretentious twat BUT I think that's my own paranoia and really- I should be more involved in judging other people right- since they're reading Terry Pratchett, Dan Brown and other types of dross. Oooh! Additional advantage of Kindle- no book cover- nobody can tell what you're reading so you can enjoy your Mills & Boon undisturbed by judgemental glances ;)

Mind you, I have never been able to read the Kindle even on the tube without feeling like a bit of a pretentious twat BUT I think that's my own paranoia and really- I should be more involved in judging other people right- since they're reading Terry Pratchett, Dan Brown and other types of dross.

Mind you, I have never been able to read the Kindle even on the tube without feeling like a bit of a pretentious twat

without feeling like a bit of a pretentious twat

pretentious twat

twat

-le gasp- :o

LOL yes! I saw that too. I am shocked! Shocked!

Also, bit harsh on Pratchett; I'm not really a fan of his books but I think that's largely because I didn't come to them early enough, can totally see why people who grew up on them would have a fondness for them. I've read two - the first of the Discworld series, and one about Death (he loses his job or something?) and I enjoyed them a lot - I thought they were fun and inventive too. Dan Brown on the other hand... *yawn*. I don't think it's a fair comparison.

Guest Fufu-Xiawoun
Twat: A person regarded as stupid or obnoxious

I'm sure judging from the context of her post we can figure out she's talking about this and not the other meaning Squid. ;) What is it with you and finding dodgy meanings to her words eh..

-le gasp- :o

What! Is Twat a swear word? I thought it meant pregnant fish! (Am being completely serious here).

Is it really an expletive?!

I'm sure judging from the context of her post we can figure out she's talking about this and not the other meaning Squid. ;) What is it with you and finding dodgy meanings to her words eh..

What! What's the other meaning?!

What! Is Twat a swear word? I thought it meant pregnant fish! (Am being completely serious here).

Is it really an expletive?!

I genuinely laughed out loud reading that! No it is not a pregnant fish :D (Please please explain why you thought it was!) It is a word... a bad word... for a lady's...

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

I genuinely laughed out loud reading that! No it is not a pregnant fish :D (Please please explain why you thought it was!) It is a word... a bad word... for a lady's...

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

It's too rude to say it on a forum, just google it lol.

OH MY DEAR GOD, I can't believe this! I did actually google it- that is revolting!!

I thought a prat was a pregnant fish because one of our French teachers at school was called a 'twat' by the students in class and when she got angry and threatened to be suspended, she defended herself by saying a twat was a pregnant fish!! Not that that makes it any better, but it took the edge of anger off the French teacher.

BUT HEAR YE- there may be some truth in this, because a website called 'have fun with English' says:

Some long running myths say that a pregnant goldfish is called a prat, twit, twat and twerp. The correct word is actually "gravid"which describes the conditon of a female livebearing fish when carrying young internally.

Either way, man, that is not good :/