Maniac Muslim Forums
Mufasa

The Book of Eli

Did anyone see this? I thought it was really good.

It's basically about a world that had undergone some sort of catastrophic event thirty years earlier, leaving earth in a state of anarchy and chaos. Mobs rule the streets and people pursue the most animalistic forms of survival, many times resorting to theft and cannibalism.

The masses of books have been destroyed, and Denzel Washington carries the last Bible in existence.

I give it four and a half stars out of 5. I thought it was very good!

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKfZrbS79To

I think they overdo Denzel Washington's sheer coolness and manliness throughout the entire movie. But he's an absolutely awesome and amazing actor.

I have yet to watch this. I agree with your very last statement B)

isn't there a hadith saying that in the end times the Quran will be taken away from humanity?

Perhaps that will happen in such a way?! or perhaps God will just lift them into heaven.

I watched it in the cinema n thought it was interesting. But the ending felt slightly rushed imo.

Now that you mention it Abood, I was really not much a fan of the ending either. But I was also a bit sleepy and do not know that I caught it all.

We watched this last night, Musa! I really felt like watching a movie, and we were gonna watch Sherlock Holmes, but when I was going through the Rogers on Demand movies, I saw this and remembered someone talking about it from somewhere.

It was way better than I expected, I agree that the ending could have been cooler, and I think Mila Kunis was a poor choice for Solara. She's lame. Also, the movie would have been 7890830831 times more awesome if it had been the Qur'an and not the Bible, but what can you do?

Denzel Washington usually annoys me, but I liked him in this. Overall a very decent flick, woulda been better with someone other than Mila Kunis, and woulda been better is Eli didn't have to eat a cat at the very beginning of the movie.