Maniac Muslim Forums

So were your History teachers fun and interesting? How did you get into HIstory?

Some people just do degrees for the sake of having a degree, so the passion is not always there. A lot of teachers teach because its a job they can do and its easy to get into, plus its very common and pays enough for them to get by.

I took an advanced American history course in high school and fell in love with it. stayed with it, and then taught for at some universities but got out because, well, i needed more money. :(

I'm interested in The Borgias, because they are in the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood video game :lol: But apart from that, I do have an interest in history, although I could never get into The Tudors.

Oh are you considering going back to it? You should become a Historian

maybe when I'm older and my knees and back eventually give out.

car mechanic is fun but it's not my calling. i love history because you can really play with ideas and facts. with something like being a car mechanic/scientist in general you have to follow a greater degree of protocol which i don't care for.

as for the differences in reality vs the drama of the show, it's not meant to be a documentary, but just for entertainment.

Interesting...True, The great thing with science is, it never ends.

I'm not talking about the show,

I'm talking when one studies such subjects as History how

can you know you are not learning from unreliable sources.

History is known to consist of lies...

Oh are you considering going back to it? You should become a Historian

That made me :lol::lol:

what do you mean it consists of lies? it depends on whose history you believe and so forth.

what do you mean it consists of lies? it depends on whose history you believe and so forth.

Well How can you be sure that, that is what actually happen,

How can you know the sources to be reliable and not biased?

What's wrong with historians?

Nothing, who said there is something wrong with being a historian?

yea im not sure what she's implying. oh well.

I'm not 'implying' anything Monsieur,

I don't see why you see my posts with such a negative view. :rolleyes:

Well How can you be sure that, that is what actually happen,

How can you know the sources to be reliable and not biased?

Nothing, who said there is something wrong with being a historian?

I'm not 'implying' anything Monsieur,

I don't see why you see my posts with such a negative view. :rolleyes:

that's the fun part. you have to back up your argument with sources, and even with sources your reader(s) can choose to accept them or not. ex) According to the King James version of the bible, Jesus was the son of god. Christian readers would agree to that statement, but since Muslims do not accept the bible as a credible source, its conclusion is considered false.

that's the fun part. you have to back up your argument with sources, and even with sources your reader(s) can choose to accept them or not. ex) According to the King James version of the bible, Jesus was the son of god. Christian readers would agree to that statement, but since Muslims do not accept the bible as a credible source, its conclusion is considered false.

Christian readers will not necessarily agree with it. First - it depends on the bible's version and whether it's the old or new testament - second it depends what kind of christian they are (Anglican, catholic, ...) and even THEN - their church's affiliation.

What I like about history is that it seems as though you have to find the truth (or at least be as close to it) under layers of lies and non-credible sources. That seems like fun.

Christian readers will not necessarily agree with it. First - it depends on the bible's version and whether it's the old or new testament - second it depends what kind of christian they are (Anglican, catholic, ...) and even THEN - their church's affiliation.

What I like about history is that it seems as though you have to find the truth (or at least be as close to it) under layers of lies and non-credible sources. That seems like fun.

which is why i said 'King James' version. in history, it's important to read too. :P hehe