Maniac Muslim Forums
white-rose

MM Chat Guidelines

and no one else thinks these chat guidelines are a little too much? and people ask me why I would never want to live under Shariah law.

PM's aren't logged... lol

As for chats, I was under the impression that Hamzah told everyone since day one.

@r-z: I believe it's an app issue from the back end. It wasn't intended, obviously.

And just to give you guys some perspective, I haven't read a single chat log yet.

And just to give you guys some perspective, I haven't read a single chat log yet.

So shavy can misbehave on chat :shifty:

Well I'd read them if someone complained or raised an issue, but not just randomly. That'd be just weird, and something I don't have time for.

Yo guys, chill out. We've known from the start that private chats are logged and can be retrieved by Mods. On a realistic level, I doubt the likelihood of a mod going through chats for no reason, but simply out of boredom. Why would any mod want to read through so much pointless ramble? And we've also been told (which has now been confirmed yet again by Hussein) that PM's are not visible to mods. The chat guidelines are not strict at all, but rather, common sense (if such an idea exists).

I thought there were already some unspoken guidelines like this in place. I don't think there's anything wrong with them.

What is iffy is the way certain people interpret the guidelines.

Private Messages are unlogged.

Private Chats are.

Why was there confusion about this?

I think people are getting more worried than they should but it's understandable. They are there only for us to check up on people breaking the rules and until last night I didn't know private logs can be read. We cannot retrieve old chat logs.

EDIT: Since I'm on the chat often enough, I don't read the chat logs unless someone complains or I find a member breaking the above guidelines and I need to be sure under what context it was said.

Private Messages are unlogged.

Private Chats are.

Why was there confusion about this?

are unlogged? That's a confusing two sentences.

Please take note that from viewing that chat logs we have found that when mods are not in the chatroom members are taking advantage. If members are found repeatedly swearing and being rude to other members this may result in a potential suspension or ban from chat.

OKAY I PUT MY HANDS UP TO THIS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG! I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR 85% OF ALL THE BAD BEHAVIOUR/COMPLAINTS YOU GUYS GOT LAST WEEK.

I'm sorry, I won't do anything to wind anyone up again, i'll try my best inshaAllah you have my word.

Last week my personal guidelines changed from 'be patient and ignore dungars' to 'piss the crap outta anyone who bugs you even the tinyest bit'.

I apologize, seriously man I don't want the mods to have to do extra coz of me being a numpty, so sorry yeh :flower:

- Sister Who/Joolaylaal

Shall I give a list of the people I had pretend fights with, half the MMers were in on this big prank where we were pretend fighting, because it was so funny to see the reactions of the people coming in. :ph34r:

I won't lie.. Ibtilliah was a big joke. Everyone knew it, everyone was playing along :ph34r:

I am a little bit ashamed that the mods were troubled because of our bukwas, but for most of it, it was still pretty funny. You have to see it from our side, really.