Maniac Muslim Forums
white-rose

Teach Me Arabic

Yeah, exactly. I know that dua and that's why I don't want to say 'jurnee' because that may end up sounding like 'Oh Allah, reward me with the fire' and I definitely don't want that!!!! :o

So 'jirnee' means 'save'? Thank you! It's amazing how a little kasra or damma can make so much difference in a word's meaning!

oh yeah and it's ajirnee, not jirnee.

Yeah, exactly. I know that dua and that's why I don't want to say 'jurnee' because that may end up sounding like 'Oh Allah, reward me with the fire' and I definitely don't want that!!!! :o

Personally this wouldn't be something too worrisome to me. Even if you did end up asking for the fire, I don't think that will be a problem for you either since that was just a grammatical mistake. Duas reach Allah mainly by the intentions in your heart, not just the words that you utter.

Obviously, Allah knows what you asked for and at least you made the effort to say it correctly.

i'm looking up that dua now and some are written jirnee and some are written jurnee (in the english transliteration). but in the arabic text i only see jurnee.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/aqeedah/dealing-with-loss/

^Now I'm confused :(

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji`oon; Allahumma ajirni fi musibati wa akhlif li khayran minha

Shouldn't it be 'ajurni'?

049-146.gif

This one ^ is 'allahumma'jurnee (the humma continues straight onto the hamza of the alif which has a sukoon on it so you join the two words) - this means 'recompense'.

اللَّهُمَّ أجِرْنِي مِنَ النَّارِ

This one ^ is 'ajirnee' which means 'save'

Personally this wouldn't be something too worrisome to me. Even if you did end up asking for the fire, I don't think that will be a problem for you either since that was just a grammatical mistake. Duas reach Allah mainly by the intentions in your heart, not just the words that you utter.

Obviously, Allah knows what you asked for and at least you made the effort to say it correctly.

Yeah, I know but I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I wanna be able to say it right anyway :P Also, I'm trying to learn the meanings of all the duas I say, it makes me feel more confident in my duas and I also get to learn more Arabic at the same time :)

049-146.gif

This one ^ is 'allahumma'jurnee (the humma continues straight onto the hamza of the alif which has a sukoon on it so you join the two words) - this means 'recompense'.

اللَّهُمَّ أجِرْنِي مِنَ النَّارِ

This one ^ is 'ajirnee' which means 'save'

Jazakallah!!! That's it, I'm not going into more details now :P Thank you all of you :flower: