Maniac Muslim Forums
white-rose

Teach Me Arabic

Them is hum? :o

Hum tum ek kamre main band ho... :whistle:

By the way, I asked WHO is them not what is them.

"them" = pretty much khaleejis (but some replace 8 with g SO I DUNNO) and i guess egyptians, but im not so sure about egyptians lolol

"us" = syrian jordanian lebanese maybe palestinian?

lolfail

so an adjective is defined as a describing word, so for example if you were to say she is beautiful, you'd say: hiya jameela. so if you wanted to say, for example, she is the most beautiful (of all the girls) you'd say: hiya ajmal min kul el banat.

hiya = she

ajmal = most beautiful

min = from

kul = all

el banat = the girls

note that no matter what the gender of the person or object you are describing, the superlative form is always the same.

whether you are describing a girl or a boy as 'ajmal', it remains 'ajmal' rather than changing to ajmala or whatever.

okay so when you say Allahu Akbar, you are saying that Allah is the greatest. Akbar is however the superlative form of the adjective 'kabeer', meaning big. therefore, Allahu Akbar can also mean Allah is the biggest. but we are focusing on the adjective and its superlative form. akbar = kabeer, ajmal = jameel. for example, sagheer, meaning small. how would you turn that into a superlative? .. you'd change it to asghar. asghar = sagheer. there is a pattern of sorts, which is hard to explain. you will eventually get the hang of it though lmao. i hope this isnt too confusing.

ajmal = jameel

asghar = sagheer

akbar = kabeer

if you want to practice more you can go on google translate, type in an adjective and try to guess the superlative. once you've guessed you can check to see if you're right. this is just one of those things that you have to get the hang of.

i hope that wasnt weird or anything lolol

I'm so confused. I shall leave the teaching to blueberry B)

blueberry, have u been flirting with girls recently? :lol:

lol, poor thing, stop pulling her leg. She's an awesome teacher. MashaAllah. :D

And it's useless to tell a guy he's the most handsome. It'll just inflate his ego and he'll never be able to come back to Earth. :P

for = li

you dont have to say wahid yawm, esp if it's today, so you can just say l'el-yawm

and and when you wanna say i have, you'd say 3ndi ___, or ladeiyy. ladeiyy is what they teach at school, so it's pretty much fus7a, so saying 3ndi is better cause if you say ladeiyy peeps may be like O_o