Maniac Muslim Forums
lil

School Rant Thread

Its not that. I have copies of it. There is a meeting every month and props get accepted or rejected. I sent mine on the 20th of October! The meeting was the 22nd of October. My supervisor sent a bunch of emails throughout November to find out the outcome and no one replied to her. The last meeting was in December. If they didn't receive it then someone should have replied to her saying that there was no prop from me and we could have resubmitted. Basically, my prop is lost somewhere and I now I have to resubmit and this is going to cost me a further 2 to 3 months of my life. I was meant to complete in July, but now this sets me back :/

They LOST my masters proposal! They friggin LOST it!!! How the heck can you lose something like that?!? Its not apple pie, I doubt anyone ate it! I spent a whole friggin month on that thing. Seven days a week, eight hours a day!!! During the friggin soccer world cup too! And they go and LOSE the damn thing! This puts me back another 3 months and I wanted to be done by July!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:o

they should just give you the masters.

That reminded me of the time I did my ethics for my dissertation and I didnt get a reply from them for ages. I asked my supervisor and he said apparently they lost a page of it :mellow: Weird or what? Losing a page from a 40 page document stapled together...weird!

okay, i have a huge report due in...three days and my mom won't let me go to the libarary today. so that leaves me three days but i only have half a day tomorrow b/c i can't skip sunday school, and half a day on monday b/c i have school. so that leaves me one day! shoot me.

awww, good luck with that hun. InshaAllah you will get it done on time!

That reminded me of the time I did my ethics for my dissertation and I didnt get a reply from them for ages. I asked my supervisor and he said apparently they lost a page of it :mellow: Weird or what? Losing a page from a 40 page document stapled together...weird!

What one page? And they couldn't notify you or just pass it on the rest of it?

^ No they didnt notify me. One of my friends handed hers in after me and got it approved straight away! Thats when I got worried and asked my supervisor. Then he told me to e-mail them and then he said that a page got lost lol. Then he said its ok now..I think he gave them the missing page cos he had a copy too. :blink:

That was the only time I became really stressed and frustrated with uni. <_<

I can't believe that ONE page held you back! I would have been even more POd than I am now if that happened to me!

*Bump up*

I need to rant, because my high school is NOT NOT NOT NOT normal.

I go to a preppy school. Yup preppy french elite school surrounded by anglophones. It sucks. It's ultra competitive and it is the best school in H-town.

I only have 3 COURSES this semester BUT -

LAW TEACHER: Ex-lawyer turned HS teacher (I know right?), grumpy as hell and mumbles - a lot. He has favorites. I am certainly NOT his favorite. I hand in GOOD work and I get lower than this blond chick next to me who can't even write in french properly, plus her essays are CRAPPY (we wrie 5-8 pages essays per week, which amounts for 4 essays or research papers a month).

ONLINE CLASS SOCIOLOGYPSYCHOLOGYANDANTHRO: HOLY MOLY I LOVED THIS CLASS. THE TEACHER WAS AWESOME. What happens? WELL I GOT EMAILED TODAY BY HER TELLING ME THAT I HAVE A NEW TEACHER. WHO IS THAT NEW TEACHER? NO OTHER THAN THAT HARDASS MARKER WHO STARTED ♥♥♥♥ WITH MY IN PHILOSOPHY CLASS.

English teacher: Ex-military general. She's awesome. BUT BUT BUT GOOD luck getting an 90 in her class. Good luck getting an 80. I SWEAR TO GOD, I am one of her brightest students and I try the hardest in her damn class. I never missed any of her courses. I still get a bad mark. IAFHFASSFAJASJKAS This girl who never attends class, who SUCKS at oral reports, who can't write thesis for ♥♥♥♥ get's an 86%. Now please convey to me, how on earth is that even possible?

Plus she gives so many work. MY BROTHER FRIGIN MINORS IN ENGLISH AT UNI AND TELLS ME SHE GAVE HIM MORE WORK THAN HIS PROF DOES. WTH? She's nuts. Our lives have to revolve around her.

I got SO unmotivated that I skipped around 8 days worth of classes. I'm also the ultimate procrastinator, so I'm screwed - oh well.

MY HOMEWORK- MUST BE DONE BY TOMORROW:

LAW : Essay on mistrials (0/6 pages)

WITNESSES PROFILING (0/6 pages and witnesses)

SAP: Study for tomorrow's test

Finish work due for unit 3 (o/12)

Finish work due for unit 4 (o/I DONT EVEN KNOW)

ENGLISH: Memorize 30 lines of Macbeth

READ ISP BOOK (o/500 pages)

do isp work and outline research paper (easy part) o/___ who knows

PRESENT CLASS STARTERS (I don't even have an article and questions, gotta get everything ready by tomorrow)

I want to memorize Quran and this stupid work is taking up time and memory space! Yeah yeah 'our students get into the top universities in the Country and around the World' that's all nice in theory but in PRACTICE even parents complain about this damn's school workload.

Seriously, all my classmates have psychological disturbances and bad habits. There's this guy that smokes so much weed I don't even know if he's 'with us' half the time. This girl is like a sex-addict and prob has herpes. Anti-social people left and right. This sucks, WE (the students) are so busy, the only time I talk to my friends is between classes!

Oh and did I mention I go to probably the most RACIST school in the country? Ok, At least they let me wear the hijab but that is the 'limit' of their gracefulness towards me. I hate the attacks on islam right and left and me defending the deen always gets me sent to the office (which I'm fine with). Kids are so vulgar too. This guy said some dirty thing in front of MY brother and some other grade 7 and 8's. I told him to stop saying stuff like that, he says 'Oh sorry Mommy, it's high school GET USED TO IT'. EXCUSE YOU? NOT ONLY AM I OLDER THAN HIM BUT WHO THE BELUGA IS HE TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? He said something along the lines of 'lick my bum' and I flipped. Totally flipped. If our school bus wasn't on dah move I would have ripped his vocal cords right there and right now. Instead I said 'If you are unable to respect others, at least respect yourself and stop using such filthy language.' I think that shut him up real good :)

Oh and there is this guy who KEEPS STARRING AT ME SINCE THE FIRST SEMESTER. We only have one class together now but he always finds ways to talk to me and act like a total jerk. He keeps asking questions not so much about Islam- but Muslims. He's also well-traveled so our discussions end up about travel 'adventures' and places that we enjoyed.

Anyways his starring is kind of scaring me though. Meh.

DFSDFJSDLKFSLGKJGLKGJI HATE ART. Whyyyyy did I pick it?

All nightersssss...! On top of a day at school, 10+ hours a day of work at home till 6:30am for the past few weeks. I may as well be on crack.

If I was Hindu, I'd want to be reincarnated as an owl. Or I'd be a zombie. At least I'd be able to get the job done without feeling like death x100. >.<

So much work for a career that gets you nowhere. Which is why I want to be an animator. But I'm worried that stuff I will be making might be haraam. Then I'll be earning haraam money.

But I don't know what else to do with my life, lol. I wanna work for Pixar and make adorable animated films devoid of haraamness. *dream*

I really can't wait to leave my school. I'm bored as hell and there's only like three people I care about. :mellow:

I miss my old friends..