MM Book Club

Participants  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be participating?

2. 2. How will you be reading the book?

• Rent/Borrow
    • Buy
    • Other
    • Not applicable since I wont be participating but I like giving my opinion on polls anyway

How about 'The Book of Assistance' , Imam Al-Haddad? Thats the shortest good one I could find atm lol. Ive read some of it before and I suppose Musa has aswell? But could read it again I suppose cos it is really beneficial.

I've read it as well several times, and I'm not hot on reading it again just yet, though I guess I'd be willing. But maybe there is something else though... I'll think about it.

^ cool, I dont mind anything else, was just suggesting that one cos it is a reasonable size, easy to read and informative. How about Purification of the Heart? I know you wanted to read that once upon a time.

Did you all finish reading the sealed nectar?

No lol. It was a big book I suppose and Ive learnt to stick to smaller books now. Did you start reading it? I dont mind reading any really as long as it is beneficial in some way because we have a chance to reflect on it during Ramadhan. So if you guys have any suggestions, post away!

^ cool, I dont mind anything else, was just suggesting that one cos it is a reasonable size, easy to read and informative. How about Purification of the Heart? I know you wanted to read that once upon a time.

Erm, I've read that too. But okay, let's just do that one. I can read it again, but I hope I can find it. I'm not going to buy it again :fear:

also are you a stalker? how do you memorize my reading list?

How many of you have read the works of Ibn Rajab al Hanbali and Ibn al Jawzi? Daar us Sunnah Publications are releasing their classic collections and I believe most of the Ibn Rajab essays are online through Kalamullah.

^ cool, I dont mind anything else, was just suggesting that one cos it is a reasonable size, easy to read and informative. How about Purification of the Heart? I know you wanted to read that once upon a time. No lol. It was a big book I suppose and Ive learnt to stick to smaller books now. Did you start reading it? I dont mind reading any really as long as it is beneficial in some way because we have a chance to reflect on it during Ramadhan. So if you guys have any suggestions, post away!

i've read purification of the heart by hamza yusuf but can always read it again! :)

Erm, I've read that too. But okay, let's just do that one. I can read it again, but I hope I can find it. I'm not going to buy it again :fear:

also are you a stalker? how do you memorize my reading list?

yeh, I dont know many other books that are simple and small enough to read over Ramadhan. I need people to suggest stuff.

:shifty: yeh Im the stalker that you met yday.. Did I tell u my name was Mike?

But really, I only remember cos u were having a convo with us in chat about wanting to read it :P

How many of you have read the works of Ibn Rajab al Hanbali and Ibn al Jawzi? Daar us Sunnah Publications are releasing their classic collections and I believe most of the Ibn Rajab essays are online through Kalamullah.

Oooh, No I have not. Ill look into them.

I WANNA DO THIS PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE :D :D

I'll read anything!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited!!!! I've been meaning to read: "Islam: Between East and West". It's written by the first prezzy of Bosnia-Herzegovina, Izetbegovic. Dunno if it's online though.

Actually, I have a lot of Islam-y books that I've wanted to read. Here are my suggestions:

- Islam and the Destiny of Man by Gai Eaton

- Our Philosophy by Baqir as-Sadr

- The Sublime Revelation by Shaykh Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani

- The Heart of Islam by Syed Hossein Nasr

- Radical Reform by Tariq Ramadan (or any other book by him tbh)

- The Wisdom of the Prophets by Ibn 'Arabi

But I really don't know if they're online. :/ And I'm not very good at finding stuff online soo yeah...

Any other book is good too :D