MM Book Club

Participants  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be participating?

2. 2. How will you be reading the book?

• Rent/Borrow
    • Buy
    • Other
    • Not applicable since I wont be participating but I like giving my opinion on polls anyway

Well, apparently there is some truth to this fiction so yes.

Also, I found a pdf for my kindle. :D I think reading it online was annoying me more. On chapter 6. :)

I would love to join this club! Are we reading books that are fiction but reality driven?

We pick as a group what our next book will be. We are currently trying to read some of the greatest fiction books of all time and have chosen for the first book "To The Lighthouse" by Virginia Woolf.

We are planning to finish a week from now, but we may add another week if people need it.

So yes please join :)

It's really not that long. I will give 1 more week and if still majority hasn't finished then we will consider another week. But I think going past the 23rd is too much time and will set a bad precedent for later books

solution to the time-problem: Do people who keep putting it off even want to read it and have those who have started it but are now procrastinating want to finish it?

If not: do not push yourself, and wait until the next book.

Make the next book Franz Kafka's The Trial! It is a classic, dark, dystopia-type thing and very engaging (started yesterday)- pleaaase!

Yea, I can't read anymore of "To the Lighthouse". Every time I try to continue from where I've left off, I can't figure out where to start from because I don't remember the story. I have an extreme dislike for the writing style. If you plan to add more books like this, then I'm out.

WR- what an ultimatum! :o

Get your suggestions rolling in people!

Of Mice and Men

A Streetcar named Desire

Catcher in the Rye <3

Angela's Ashes

The Poisonwood Bible

Make the next book Franz Kafka's The Trial! It is a classic, dark, dystopia-type thing and very engaging (started yesterday)- pleaaase!

+1

Kafka was gunna be my next reccomendation. His writing style is such that could generate a lot of discussion. Interesting and thought-provoking.

I just finished my exams! :o I was gonna start reading tomorrow but everyone's saying it's boring....

Zimi, I think we're looking for books that people haven't read. I've read Catcher in the Rye and Of Mice and Men. Awesome books!

WR- what an ultimatum! :o

No, no, it's not an ultimatum. It's too difficult to read that book because of the style. I keep losing focus & then I can't pick up where I left off because I'm left confused. However, if it was a book like HP, I could have finished it in a week.

If any book is available online, inshaAllah I'll try to read it.