MM Book Club

Participants  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be participating?

2. 2. How will you be reading the book?

• Rent/Borrow
    • Buy
    • Other
    • Not applicable since I wont be participating but I like giving my opinion on polls anyway

Try your best insha'Allah.

As for the next book, we want to avoid books that others have read. I wouldn't mind Kafka, but books like Catcher and the rye are covered in american high school classes so most of us have read it.

Perhaps we should go for books that are more accessible before moving on to the likes of Virginia Woolfe. If you don't read regularly, or read that particular style of writing then it's going to be off putting.

OMG..

Please people read 'TO THE LIGHTHOUSE' I beg of thee.

Doth thou be doing more important things?

Please read it because if thou dotnt then it will be sad. And I will be put off and not motivated enough to read the next book. Ive finished the first part.

I would do anything Kafka, but probably not enjoy it. His work is so complex. My favorites are Hemmingway, Steinbeck and Faulkner. On the Road is cool. Oh! how bout Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, I never got to finish that one. Really anything y'all think is ok by me- I would prefer something unfamiliar. :blink:

OMG..

Please people read 'TO THE LIGHTHOUSE' I beg of thee.

Doth thou be doing more important things?

Please read it because if thou dotnt then it will be sad. And I will be put off and not motivated enough to read the next book. Ive finished the first part.

Not quite the way to write it, as there are plenty of lengthy sentences in the book; yet the book intrigues me as to what the next part could hold, but I wonder, "could I but actually complete this book?" as I stare off into the space looking at nothing but something while the seconds tick; Oh how I love the clock that my father once won at a park while my cousins were visiting like they visited last month in the cold December month even though it never rained and though it is a forecast that it shall rain today but I doubt it so.

EAT THAT VIRGINIA WOOLF! -_-

Because most of the books we were suggesting someone had already read it. <_<

And.. It is interesting, especially the last 2 chapters! SOOOOO GOOD!

Ok that was a joke so people read it.. I havent reached the last 2 yet

GUYS GUYS GUYS, I SAY WE READ 'RICHARD BACH' FOR NEXT TIME.

PREFERABLY 'ILLUSIONS'.

I am dying to read it.

Has anyone else finished? We might have to extend for one more week. If no one has finished by that time then it will just Cherry and I discussing :(

I'm in part 2 still. I kinda didn't get time coz we had some work being done at home. People trying to fix my cable and all.

More or less I will be done in 3 days, if I sit and read it. Will I remember half the things I read? No guarantee. Sometimes I keep reading only to realize I have no idea what I read. :D MashaAllah.

^uh w-r I'm not sure that counts as reading :P

no idea how suggesting books for the reading works but if anything goes, I've been recommended two recently:

The Jungle by Upton Sinclair ( its about much much more than you probly think, its actually about a working class family in Chicago).

Mornings in Jeninby a Palestinian lady about life in Jenin I guess? They're both fiction. Hate fiction, but i suppose i should try...

Yes, but I've been told by cherry, I cannot hate a book I didn't finish reading. So on I go. Towards the end of part 2, it gets so ridiculous with the explanations and adjectives. I fell asleep twice while reading the 9th chapter.

Khair, it's not like I didn't understand what's happening, which is very very little. But some of the chapters are just random to pay too much attention to. I'd go into details but I should leave something for the "discussion" which I wonder if we will even have since I don't think any male MMer besides extempers has read the book. :hmm:

HURRY UP PEOPLES!!!

I want in on the next book! I'll be registered by the end of this week and I will have library access again!