MM Book Club

Participants  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be participating?

2. 2. How will you be reading the book?

• Rent/Borrow
    • Buy
    • Other
    • Not applicable since I wont be participating but I like giving my opinion on polls anyway

^The Cat in the Hat is AWESOME!!!

Going to a public library is out of the way for me. I'd have to beg someone to take me! Uni library is easier access :/

We will begin discussions this Thursday insha'Allah. I will make separate thread. By Sunday we will pick a new book :)

OMG People, hurry up and read! I want in on the the next one! Am raring to go!!!

How do we go about selecting the next book? New thread? Or one new thread for selection that we use every time we want to decide. A mod can always edit the poll option if it has a poll. I have an idea brewing in my head on how to choose new books :wow:

Im in. Non Islamic book would be 'On the Road'. If Islamic I would like to do a historical biography or something that helps my deen, please. If its over my head I'll try to keep up. What ever you want really.

Me too. Unless the book selected is just unreadable. :P

My old recs still stand and I finally read mornings in Jenin. It was heart wrenching.

Edit: for Islamic books, I would like to recommend something by Ingrid Mattson. The Story of the Quran. My old Arabic prof had recommended it to me :)

Are the books being suggested available for online reading? As most people may not be able to rent/buy books thus decreasing the number of people participating. I just went to Borders (a book store) today and the Islamic section was seriously sad.

EDIT: My suggestions:

- A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini

- Dua Weapon of the Believer by Yasir Qadhi