Maniac Muslim Forums
Mo-

Jews for Allah

Has anybody came across this website apart from me? Jewish Muslims seem to be taking a quite forward role in the abolishment of myths about Islam. They'd also prove to be an argument ender in the 'all Jews are bad' argument many Muslims have.

I have personally never met a Jewish Muslim, I was wondering if any of you have?

**coughs loudly**

Wow you are a Jewish Muslim? Awesome :D

If I may ask, if you did convert or were born in a secular Jewish family, how did your parents feel about you becoming a Muslim?

Also how have other Muslims reacted when they found out you are of Jewish origin? Have they been welcoming or not so welcoming?

"Jewish" Muslim? How is one Jewish and a Muslim?

Those who come from a Yiddish or Sephardi ancestry I'd guess.

Wow you are a Jewish Muslim? Awesome :D

If I may ask, if you did convert or were born in a secular Jewish family, how did your parents feel about you becoming a Muslim?

Also how have other Muslims reacted when they found out you are of Jewish origin? Have they been welcoming or not so welcoming?

I reverted almost a year ago, alhamdulilah. i was born to a preettty secular family, but I loved Judaism as a little kid and for a while I wanted to become Orthodox. Other Muslims don't really mind about my heritage. My family wasn't too happy and they still aren't too happy. However, my dad is mostly pretty cool with it. He's pretty convinced Allah is the same god and he's happy I didn't choose Christianity or Buddhism. And in my pre-Muslim stage, I actually went onto that website a few times.

"Jewish" Muslim? How is one Jewish and a Muslim?

He means of Jewish ethnicity.

I reverted almost a year ago, alhamdulilah. i was born to a preettty secular family, but I loved Judaism as a little kid and for a while I wanted to become Orthodox. Other Muslims don't really mind about my heritage. My family wasn't too happy and they still aren't too happy. However, my dad is mostly pretty cool with it. He's pretty convinced Allah is the same god and he's happy I didn't choose Christianity or Buddhism. And in my pre-Muslim stage, I actually went onto that website a few times.

Mashallah :)

Do you still attend Jewish ceremonies such as Bar Mitzvahs?

Also have you met any Jewish Muslims such as yourself?

Yeah, I still go to religious classes on sundays (against my will) and I still go to Bar/Bat Mitzvahs of close friends or old friends. Other than that, I'm not active in the Jewish community. I have met no other "Jewish Muslims" in real life. There aren't really many Jews here to begin with! However, one of the MMers that recently left (musa) was Jewish.

Yeah, I still go to religious classes on sundays (against my will) and I still go to Bar/Bat Mitzvahs of close friends or old friends. Other than that, I'm not active in the Jewish community. I have met no other "Jewish Muslims" in real life. There aren't really many Jews here to begin with! However, one of the MMers that recently left (musa) was Jewish.

what is the estimate for the world wide Jewish population?

you should actually study in those religious classes; though its a bit ironic you are forced to even though your parents arent very religious.

by studying in those classes you will be able to become the jewish ahmed deedat!

But why would you hang on to your jewish ancestry if it's not your religion anymore? What is the purpose behind being called jewish?

Especially jewish ancestry is decided by the mother, which is not how it's decided in Islam.

If you convert to Islam, aren't you supposed to abandon the whole concept of being jewish at all? It was a religion of past times.

But why would you hang on to your jewish ancestry if it's not your religion anymore? What is the purpose behind being called jewish?

Especially jewish ancestry is decided by the mother, which is not how it's decided in Islam.

If you convert to Islam, aren't you supposed to abandon the whole concept of being jewish at all? It was a religion of past times.

Salman al Farsi?

Jew is both religion and ethnic group.

jew doesn't just refer to religious identity.. i'm pretty sure it refers to ethnicity and in any case, they're pretty interrelated.

I don't understand why you would hold on to that "ethnicity". What does it take to have a separate ethnic group?

I don't understand why you would hold on to that "ethnicity". What does it take to have a separate ethnic group?

Are you serious?

An Indian Muslim wedding and a Pakistani Muslim wedding would not be the same, they would differ, different clothing, food, entertainment and different jokes In the speeches.

Jewish people have their own culture, just as Arabs, Assyrians and Chaldean people do although they are all Semitic.

Also thank you lilmmuslimah, I personally think you should learn from those classes; being a Muslim without any of my parents being Christian I read about Christianity because there are some truths still left in the other Abrahamic religions and no knowledge isn't worth learning.

Pomak, I believe Jewish people account for roughly 0.22% of the worlds population, meaning there is approximately 12-15 million Jewish people in the world.