Maniac Muslim Forums
robomatic

Islam and the Theory of Evolution

^ :thumbup:

although GR, there was no need whatsoever to justify your suspicions regarding this troll

+1

Now getting back to real discussion on the topic...

GR you are an awesome guy mashAllah, inshAllah I will get to meet you one day in real life :)

Anyway on topic, do you guys think monkeys whose DNA resembles humans are peoples that Allah punished by mutating them?

GR you are an awesome guy mashAllah, inshAllah I will get to meet you one day in real life :)

Anyway on topic, do you guys think monkeys whose DNA resembles humans are peoples that Allah punished by mutating them?

No. I believe that we share a common ancestor.

Allahu A3lam tbh, yeah I believe some people got changed into monkey's it's in Islam, but then it raises the questions are the monkey's going to get punished as well, while we see them as animals?

Allahu A3lam tbh, yeah I believe some people got changed into monkey's it's in Islam, but then it raises the questions are the monkey's going to get punished as well, while we see them as animals?

and what of their off spring? are they being punished?

Evolutionary theory isn't incompatible with Islam. We all evolved from common ancestors, but no one can explain how complex chemical compounds made the jump to organisms that reproduce i.e. how life started on earth. A logical explanation is that through the will of Allah early life was created and the whole process set in motion.

From my understanding, those who Allah (swt) says were transformed into apes died off shortly after.

I had classes on Blasphemy (Shafii Fiqh, though the matter of Blasphemy differ a little - if not not at all - from Madhab to madhab).

I think it's such a delicate subject, because we can commit blasphemy and not even be aware of it.

So my question to yall - what do you mean by 'evolution'? Of course we had some changes to adapt to current geographical and climate changes. For instance, Adam SA and a few generations after him(SA), were 'giants' and lived very long lives.

But if we are talking about the theory of evolution in the sense that we evolved for monkeys - there is a cut and dry unified opinion: Whoever believes in it has committed blatant Kufr and has to say the Shahadah to come back to Islam. Why? Simple. Adam SA was the first of human beings and he was beautiful; for one to believe in the theory one (astaghfirullah) is insulting one of the prophets of Allah SWT and he who insults a prophet is not one of us.

So let's be careful with them theories.

But if we are talking about the theory of evolution in the sense that we involved for monkeys

there is no such scientific theory.

there is no such scientific theory.

*Evolved

fixed.

I had classes on Blasphemy (Shafii Fiqh, though the matter of Blasphemy differ a little - if not not at all - from Madhab to madhab).

I think it's such a delicate subject, because we can commit blasphemy and not even be aware of it.

So my question to yall - what do you mean by 'evolution'? Of course we had some changes to adapt to current geographical and climate changes. For instance, Adam SA and a few generations after him(SA), were 'giants' and lived very long lives.

But if we are talking about the theory of evolution in the sense that we evolved for monkeys - there is a cut and dry unified opinion: Whoever believes in it has committed blatant Kufr and has to say the Shahadah to come back to Islam. Why? Simple. Adam SA was the first of human beings and he was beautiful; for one to believe in the theory one (astaghfirullah) is insulting one of the prophets of Allah SWT and he who insults a prophet is not one of us.

So let's be careful with them theories.

Evolution does not state that human beings evolved from monkeys. If we deny evolution as a sound scientific principle, then we must reject DNA and the chemistry involved, biology in both the micro and macro fields, paleontology, anthropology, geology and on and on. I find it hard to believe that Allah(swt) could not create perfectly and beautifully and create evolution along a linear time line simultaneously. How? I don't know. If Allah(swt) wills that I should know then I will. My guess is that it is unknowable.

There is a name of Allah which describes this Al-Bari'. Allah is the Maker, He is the all Knowing and all Wise. He designed our bodies to adapt to changes i.e. extreme weather and extreme cold, thus one of the reasons for skin colors. But Yeah like i've mentioned before, it's impossible for us to evolve from monkey's etc these stupid kuffars are getting dumber and dumber by the day. Our body changes a bit in order to live and survive, and this is by the will of Allah.

Zakman, with the greatest respect, it would appear that you do not understand evolutionary theory. As noted by Owen, evolutionary theory does not suggest we evolved from monkeys, it simply states that we shared a common ancestor. Also, as he notes, to suggest evolutionary theory is incorrect (i.e. not an established fact) you would also have to deny the existence of dinosaurs (as some right-wing American Christians do!), DNA, radio-carbon dating etc etc.

It is worth keeping in mind that the Allah communicated His message to Muhammad in a way that would be understood by a person who lived in the 7th century, and in a way that would be understood by Muhammad and his followers. Allah would be aware of everything and all of human history (everything that ever was and will be), but did not speak of aircraft or space travel or electronic communication etc. as this was unnecessary and would've bewildered even the most enlightened person of the time.

In Islam (as in other religions), the story of creation served to promote a moral code and underline the fact that everything stems from Allah. It was not intended to serve as a literal explanation of how the earth was created (approx. 4.5billion years ago) or how life came into being. To view it as such would require a person to deny basic facts of the universe and remain ignorant of the wonders of the universe - in short, of Allah's creation.

Personal observation here.

there are major problems with people calling evolution kufr without actually knowing what evolution actually says and there are problems with people ignoring the Islamic science of interpretation(tafseer) in order to reconsile a quranic account with a evolutionist account.

Anyways Nuh Keller's take on it

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/evolve.htm