Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
white-rose

DEXTER

I am absolutely addicted to this show.

It's about a man who witnessed his mother's murder as a child and developed an instinct to kill. His adoptive father, a police officer taught him a code to kill only bad guys and serial killers and how to not get caught. He ended up working with the forensics department at miami metro along with his step-sister who works as a detective. His father now dead, appears to him in visions? and acts as his "guide" and reminder to stick to the code.

Anyone see this show?

It is. Season 4 just got over and the finale was awesomeeeee. The season was average though. It kinda dragged and dragged.

white-rose, yes! I do watch this show! And I agree that it's pretty neat. I remember several years ago seeing a preview for a show about a 'serial killer who kills serial killers' and thinking, "They've really scraped the bottom of the barrel." But it turns out this is pretty money, missing only a medieval dungeon-lair to reach club awesome.

Also, it should be noted that if you're watching the original versions, there's some sexytime, and most of it is not predictable.

What's the last season that you've watched?

I thought you were talking about Dexter's Laboratory :I

Haha, that's pretty awesome too.

white-rose, yes! I do watch this show! And I agree that it's pretty neat. I remember several years ago seeing a preview for a show about a 'serial killer who kills serial killers' and thinking, "They've really scraped the bottom of the barrel." But it turns out this is pretty money, missing only a medieval dungeon-lair to reach club awesome.

Also, it should be noted that if you're watching the original versions, there's some sexytime, and most of it is not predictable.

What's the last season that you've watched?

lol yeah. The show has some nudity but everything has been blurred. All the swearing has been muted which is awesome! :dance: So other than some really violent scenes of Dexter killing people - some of them freaked me out a bit, it's a pretty good show. I just watched season 4 finale and it was awesome! Season 5 starts tomorrow. :dance:

Season 4 finale spoiler alert!

I can't believe trinity killed Rita before Dexter could kill him! That was so shocking, I almost couldn't tell if Dexter was imagining it! :o

Dexter is awesome! I haven't watched religiously, but I have watched a few episodes here and there.

I love the character of his step-sister.

Hahaha, I would so never have thought that white-rose would be the one to start a thread on Dexter :P Rosey is full of surprises.

I love Dexter, although the last season (the fifth) was pretty disappointing for me. I hated the end of season 4, I don't think it was a good idea, Rita was finally starting to get less annoying and I didn't hate her as much as I did.

The writing for the fifth season kind of sucked, as well...

But Dexter is still one of my favorite shows. You're lucky that you got the sex scenes blurred out, season two and three were pretty dirty, although not as bad as other showtime/HBO shows. Season four and five were pretty clean though.

I used to hate Deb but now I think she's awesome. And Masuka is the best, haha. He always gets the best lines.

Dexter is awesome! I haven't watched religiously, but I have watched a few episodes here and there.

I love the character of his step-sister.

Yeah, I find it interesting the way she talks and her expressions. Some of her dialogues are hilarious!

Hahaha, I would so never have thought that white-rose would be the one to start a thread on Dexter :P Rosey is full of surprises.

I love Dexter, although the last season (the fifth) was pretty disappointing for me. I hated the end of season 4, I don't think it was a good idea, Rita was finally starting to get less annoying and I didn't hate her as much as I did.

The writing for the fifth season kind of sucked, as well...

But Dexter is still one of my favorite shows. You're lucky that you got the sex scenes blurred out, season two and three were pretty dirty, although not as bad as other showtime/HBO shows. Season four and five were pretty clean though.

I used to hate Deb but now I think she's awesome. And Masuka is the best, haha. He always gets the best lines.

So, season 5 is the last season? :o Or do you mean that's how far it's got to in the US?

Yeah, Dexter's gf and those scenes were so weird and unnecessary. I'm glad they blurred it out. I agree the part about Rita too. I didn't like her at first and just went along with the idea that dexter liked her coz as he put it, she was "damaged" just like him. I guess they had to make a change coz it was getting more and more impossible for him because she was so much more normal now.

yep one of the best shows on TV, Season 4 finale was quite raw, had that feeling it was gonna happen. Season 5 was a bit weak compared to the others, Lumen was boring!

I liked St Doakes, good character, Deb is annoying!

So, season 5 is the last season? :o Or do you mean that's how far it's got to in the US?

that's how far it's got, season 6 starts later this year!

Ooh interesting so I'm gonna catch up in about 9 episodes or whatever. But it's very often that you see a cool new show and then after a few seasons it loses it's appeal. Like Heroes. I was a little frustrated by season 4. But now u guys are disappointed by season 5 as well. lol. That sucks. But oh well. I'm still curious to see at least the first episode.

:wow: Mos Def is going to be on Dexter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm really excited for the sixth season. Too bad he'll probably end up on Dexter's table.

Nice. Would be more interesting if I knew who he is. :P

I got all excited - I thought this was about Dexter's Lab :(

lol aww. That's cool too. But you should watch Dexter, it's pretty cool and nail biting at times.

Season 5 episode 1 starts in under 1 hr. :dance:

Sinner or saviour? Dun Dun Dun.