Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mo-

Fullmetal Alchemist

Perhaps one of the greatest, if not the greatest Anime of all time. I watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood last year, it was a remake of the original series but followed the mangas original storyline instead of it's own, which was of course the main reason why I watched it as I believe the creator of a character knows more about that character than anyone and therefore should be the one writing the story, not an animation studio. Nontheless the original release of the series was also fantastic.

Based in a world where alchemy is science, the story focuses on two brothers, Alphonse and Edward Elric, who dabbled in the matters of life and death, an affair which belongs to The Creator and only The Creator, thus leading to a great tragedy falling upon these boys from which they must recover. The dark tragedies and themes that are placed in the story, characters and the animation itself created a combination which really widened my eyes. The references to real life regarding dictatorship, false Messiahs and the ideas of how far people are willing to go to achieve what they must to survive just kept piling on and on.

I recommend anyone who enjoys Anime to watch this series if you haven't, and if you don't enjoy Anime, watch it and you probably will start to love it. One of the few shows that left me smiling with a small tear in my eye.

Edit: Typo.

Is it that good? People have recommended it to me, but i don't know..

I started of Anime with Naruto, but left that after 200 so episodes in shippuden coz the fillers got too much.

I started bleach too, I got to like 110 something, but then again the fillers came and i lost track.

However One Piece, i am up to date. In my opinion, One Piece so far is the BEST anime out there! Not many fillers as well.!

Oh deathnote was brilliant too

I also read the manga,

good thing with one piece, the manga isn't too far ahead, whereas Naruto its like 100 episodes ahead or something. Don't read the Bleach manga, I may start soon.

but full metal alchemist...hmmm if i get time i'll check it out

I usually HATE any type of shonen manga/anime such as Naruto, One Piece, DBZ etc. They promote badly written storylines and all the anime embarrassments that the Ghibli films for example don't ever have.

But FMA was the only series I didn't fall asleep watching. I watched the original 51 ep series and the movie and it's beautifully animated, the combat scenes are sweet but infrequent and it's one of those rare animes where the dub sounds better than the original Japanese. :)

and it's one of those rare animes where the dub sounds better than the original Japanese. :)

NNNOOOOOOO!

Japanese Anime is always the best to watch with the original rather than the sub version. Sub version makes you get a :headache: Sub version is always :thumbdown:

NNNOOOOOOO!

Oh quiet, you otaku! Localisation is a difficult job and I've compared both and prefer the dub. The original VAs are far too squeaky for me and it helps that FMA isn't distributed by the likes of 4Kids either, so no censoring. :P

The dub sounds better than the Japanese? Ha.

As for FMA, my little brother, and my cousin (she`s 20...ha) adore it. I literally have to threaten him to get him to go to sleep.

@Respecta: Yeah its a really good anime, good plot, characters, everything in it is good. Hell I even downloaded the themesong because I loved that about it too haha.

Oh quiet, you otaku! Localisation is a difficult job and I've compared both and prefer the dub. The original VAs are far too squeaky for me and it helps that FMA isn't distributed by the likes of 4Kids either, so no censoring. :P

Noooo the Japanese voices fit the characters much much better! Dubbing just reminds me of the horrible One Piece dub O_O.

How would you even know that? You only like them because it sounds nice to your ear, and it could may as well be average Japanese voice acting. I'd rather just understand the voices... o_o

That said, I do prefer the Japanese dub of the Metal Gear Solid series and it's a shame that it isn't an option in the European versions (apart from MGS2 Substance) since the voice acting in MGS has always been phenomenal.

If you asking me this, dubbing is just horribly innacurrate.

Yes, in most cases, especially for crappy Shonen-level anime. But I've compared both dub and sub of FMA and it's a very good localisation. :)

How would you even know that? You only like them because it sounds nice to your ear, and it could may as well be average Japanese voice acting. I'd rather just understand the voices... o_o

That said, I do prefer the Japanese dub of the Metal Gear Solid series and it's a shame that it isn't an option in the European versions (apart from MGS2 Substance) since the voice acting in MGS has always been phenomenal.

Romi Park won an award for being best voice actor of the year from the Tokyo Anime Awards for her part of Edward Elric.