Maniac Muslim Forums
Haku

What Physics do you want to be explained?

^ok. How about asking them in this thread.

But if you have a fundamental question, here might be more suitable.

I'm going to ask a broad question, go into as much or as little detail as you think is sufficient.

What aspects of physics do you think it is important for muslims to know and understand?

I'm going to ask a broad question, go into as much or as little detail as you think is sufficient.

What aspects of physics do you think it is important for muslims to know and understand?

I will answer from top of my head, and I will also ask some of my friends. Others on MM also can join. Actually one of the reasons why I made this thread was to get an answer to your question. By looking at the individual questions, we can gauge the general necessity.

1. Scientific method

- What makes science what it is, and how to distinguish between real science against pseudo science

- What constitutes a good experiment (relevant to testing miracles)

2. A brief knowledge of history of science. Schools should in principle teach this stuff, but they almost never teach in the way it should be taught.

3. General knowledge about how Newtonian mechanics work. Gravity, motion, force.

4. Holistic view of modern physics (19th century and onwards)

5. Reliable general knowledge on important new discoveries. in principle, the news media should handle it. But as usual, they make things worst by sensationalizing the truth out of the news piece.

PS> one of my friends says we should know the point #1 mentioned above, and he is arguing for general knowledge about the whole field.

Mo:

Would a fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh etc. dimensions give the possibility to fourth-dimensional etc. lifeforms which we cannot comprehend due to our three dimensional nature?

we perceive 3 spatial dimensions. If there are more dimensions than this, we still would be occupying those even though we don't perceive them. Say other life forms exists, they too would be occupying all the dimensions. At the very least, we would be perceiving their presence in the normal 3 dimensions.

In regards to the big bang theory and the beginning of the world, how do physicists explain where all the original particles/matter/molecules came from? Or don't they?

In regards to the big bang theory and the beginning of the world, how do physicists explain where all the original particles/matter/molecules came from? Or don't they?

they don't in the current big bang theory. string theory might explain this though but it is still in development.

we perceive 3 spatial dimensions. If there are more dimensions than this, we still would be occupying those even though we don't perceive them. Say other life forms exists, they too would be occupying all the dimensions. At the very least, we would be perceiving their presence in the normal 3 dimensions.

Thank you for this clarification!

Another question, is it possible that Angels are photons? Or if photons have them, sub-particles of photons?

Thank you for this clarification!

Another question, is it possible that Angels are photons? Or if photons have them, sub-particles of photons?

LOL

I don't think hypothesizing about the unseen is helpful. It will only make us think that we understand some thing scientifically, while we merely conjecture.

When there is pair production, how come the matter doesnt just get anhillated when there is also an anti matter present... Just a general question.

Because if that was true, there would be no universe right?

When there is pair production, how come the matter doesnt just get anhillated when there is also an anti matter present... Just a general question.

Because if that was true, there would be no universe right?

this should answer the question (there is no answer yet)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baryogenesis