Maniac Muslim Forums
Haku

What Physics do you want to be explained?

ah cool, its kinda wierd how theres still questions left unanswered after all this research - but I was thinking, why dont they just find a way to harnass the energy that comes from this, is it too difficult or is there some other complication?

ah cool, its kinda wierd how theres still questions left unanswered after all this research - but I was thinking, why dont they just find a way to harnass the energy that comes from this, is it too difficult or is there some other complication?

harness the energy coming from matter anti-matter annihilation?

energy required to create anti-matter > energy derived from annihilating it

I will answer from top of my head, and I will also ask some of my friends. Others on MM also can join. Actually one of the reasons why I made this thread was to get an answer to your question. By looking at the individual questions, we can gauge the general necessity.

1. Scientific method

- What makes science what it is, and how to distinguish between real science against pseudo science

- What constitutes a good experiment (relevant to testing miracles)

2. A brief knowledge of history of science. Schools should in principle teach this stuff, but they almost never teach in the way it should be taught.

3. General knowledge about how Newtonian mechanics work. Gravity, motion, force.

4. Holistic view of modern physics (19th century and onwards)

5. Reliable general knowledge on important new discoveries. in principle, the news media should handle it. But as usual, they make things worst by sensationalizing the truth out of the news piece.

PS> one of my friends says we should know the point #1 mentioned above, and he is arguing for general knowledge about the whole field.

I got a question but dont go all emo on me if you do not wish to answer.

Scientists are always making new discoveries and changing their theories,

Now how can we be sure that it is the actual real science +

how can you fit that within your Islamic believe when so many theories Contradict it.

How does one complement both?

pistache's question is answered in the post she quotes and answers to Owen and Zim.

Ok can I ask something

My MP3 has FM radio, how come when I put in the charger the signal strengthens? Just curious.

Aplogises for the lack of theology...

I have several questions, hopefully none too dense. I was watching a show on quantum mechanics and several physisists stated that at a quantum level we are not able to make predictions the way we make them in our percieved reality. They stated that things were very weird when we get very small. They then said that quantum mechanics works because the ability to make predictions based off of the science is very good. :huh: ? My other question relates to black holes and the concept of singularity, this is difficult for me to visualize. very small (the smallest?) and the most dense creates quantum mechanics that have to conform to gravity. can you help me visualize this. Im not writing a thesis...ever, about anything, so if you know the math to be solid that good enough for me. Im just curious.

^ I would be glad to answer these questions. But your questions are too open ended. Can you be more specific?

1. Scientific method

- What makes science what it is, and how to distinguish between real science against pseudo science

- What constitutes a good experiment (relevant to testing miracles)

2. A brief knowledge of history of science. Schools should in principle teach this stuff, but they almost never teach in the way it should be taught.

3. General knowledge about how Newtonian mechanics work. Gravity, motion, force.

4. Holistic view of modern physics (19th century and onwards)

5. Reliable general knowledge on important new discoveries. in principle, the news media should handle it. But as usual, they make things worst by sensationalizing the truth out of the news piece.

PS> one of my friends says we should know the point #1 mentioned above, and he is arguing for general knowledge about the whole field.

Can you recommend any books or journals to read to get this knowledge?

Can you recommend any books or journals to read to get this knowledge?

'brief history of time' is a good place to start. Then you can look at the recommended bibliography at the back page.

Also, what is the deal(speaking of possible infinite material) with dark matter?