Maniac Muslim Forums
Haku

What Physics do you want to be explained?

What I always found cool was that energy is never lost, but only transferred. That's true, right?

What I always found cool was that energy is never lost, but only transferred. That's true, right?

you can only get as much out as you put in - lessons for lyfe

Asslamu Aliakum,

I hate physics. I really don't care if Neptune had an affair with Jupiter.

This is the last time I'm going to post in the science section.

what do people mean when they say chemical

potential energy due to intermolecular bonds (which have electrical origins)

or electrical energy

E = Vd for whenever there is an electrical field

What is energy made up of or is it impossible to see?

Before asking what energy is you should probably ask what force, momentum and work are in physics. And then be able to do some basic calculus.

Its a cool concept that allows you to predict the motion of particles, but it isn't a physical thing.

Before asking what energy is you should probably ask what force, momentum and work are in physics. And then be able to do some basic calculus.

Its a cool concept that allows you to predict the motion of particles, but it isn't a physical thing.

wth :s you bumped something that's over a year old? lol I got the answer I was looking for along time ago.

Actually last post was in June, so not over a year old.

I'm going to post my physics problems on here

What I never could understand is this:: what we can detect of distant stars, galaxies and such are the things thathave traveled vast distances over time. The greater the distance the longer the time to get here. How do we know where those objects are or are not right now? And why can't we detect the same object at different places as it's expanded towards us over that great amount of time?

What I never could understand is this:: what we can detect of distant stars, galaxies and such are the things thathave traveled vast distances over time.

From their light alone, we can detect their chemical composition, speed and distance.

The spectral lines gives the chemical composition. The shift in the spectrum gives speed, and with speed and some other calculations, we can get the distance. Also some stars have standard luminosity. Those stars help to estimate the distance.

The greater the distance the longer the time to get here. How do we know where those objects are or are not right now?

What ever we look at, be it stars or trees, are the images of those things in the past. We don't know where those objects are "now". We could calculate their position assuming every thing went as expected, but we won't truly know if some giant space monster gobbled it or not. The light from sun takes approximately 8 mins to get here. Suppose the sun just magically dissapeared now. We won't know until 8 minutes from now.

And why can't we detect the same object at different places as it's expanded towards us over that great amount of time?

Objects don't expand. The space between us and distant objects expand. That's why distant objects always moves away from us. At any given time, we see a snapshot of the object where it was, so there is no reason for us to see the same object in different places.