Maniac Muslim Forums
Enigma

Currently playing...

Got for £45. She even threw in a Gamecube controller with two GC memory cards for me. I can now get through the stuff I've been meaning to play for ten million years and also revisit my old favourites from back when I borrowed a GC. Considering that backwards compatible Wiis are hard to come by these days for less than £100+, this was a deal and a half.

I've been playing Twilight Princess and it's lived up to the hype I had for it all those years. I'll probably gush about it up in here later.

I thought all Wiis were backwards compatible with GC games? Mine has gotta be anyway, it has the port thingys for GC controllers. My bro wants a GC controller so we can play some cool old games, like Mario Sunshine.

Coming up~ c:

MY HORSE IS SPEAKING TO ME

20140714_2325561.jpg

I didn't even think this could happen, I did the call my horse thing but with howling and there she was. It was a WTF moment but such a nice touch.

So not over the fact that while Link is in wolf-form, I can go and interact with chickens and cats and other animals because they have this mutual communication understanding thing going on. There's a chicken in Link's village that talks like an Italian mobster and I couldn't help but crack a smile. It's so weird and trippy but sweet, and the detail in this game is pretty outstanding, as always with Zelda titles.

Aw that's so nice! I only played one Zelda game, on the DS, can't remember the name of it now. I gave up pretty early though.

I got a triforce and Master Sword in Animal Crossing if that counts. I can press them and they make cool noises from Zelda games too.

Wat the heck Enigma.

You could've just bought a Nintendo Wii for like £20 in CeX. And Skyward Sword is now a tenner in Argos.

Also, what am I currently playing? Well... on my 3DS, the last few games I've played (I'm currently playing Mario Kart 7):

Fire Emblem Awakening demo

LoZ: A Link Between Worlds (going through second playthrough, Hero Mode)

LoZ: Spirit Tracks (such a cute little game lol)

I thought all Wiis were backwards compatible with GC games? Mine has gotta be anyway, it has the port thingys for GC controllers. My bro wants a GC controller so we can play some cool old games, like Mario Sunshine.

Aw that's so nice! I only played one Zelda game, on the DS, can't remember the name of it now. I gave up pretty early though.

I got a triforce and Master Sword in Animal Crossing if that counts. I can press them and they make cool noises from Zelda games too.

Nah, not the later version. They repackaged it like Sony did with the PS3 and removed backwards compatibility. You can tell which version it is by the logo placement and the box design.

If the logo is printed horizontally across the lower end of the disk tray, then it's backwards compatible;

bcwii.jpgblackwiibundle.png

If the logo is parallel to the disk tray and is printed between the eject button and SD card slot, then it isn't backwards compatible;

nongf.jpg

Ahh, give it another go? It can be puzzling, but use a walkthrough if you're stuck. c: Unless it wasn't enjoyable?

Wat the heck Enigma.

You could've just bought a Nintendo Wii for like £20 in CeX. And Skyward Sword is now a tenner in £10.

Also, what am I currently playing? Well... on my 3DS, the last few games I've played (I'm currently playing Mario Kart 7):

Fire Emblem Awakening demo

LoZ: A Link Between Worlds (going through second playthrough, Hero Mode)

LoZ: Spirit Tracks (such a cute little game lol)

Yooooooo how on earth did I forget about CeX?

There's a CeX in Kingston that my friend and I have gone to just to look at the games. I haven't bought anything from there before but it completely slipped my mind. Ah well. ><

Skyward Sword is a tenner there?

Nah, not the later version. They repackaged it like Sony did with the PS3 and removed backwards compatibility. You can tell which version it is by the logo placement and the box design.

If the logo is printed horizontally across the lower end of the disk tray, then it's backwards compatible;

bcwii.jpgblackwiibundle.png

If the logo is parallel to the disk tray and is printed between the eject button and SD card slot, then it isn't backwards compatible;

nongf.jpg

Ahh, give it another go? It can be puzzling, but use a walkthrough if you're stuck. c: Unless it wasn't enjoyable?

Yooooooo how on earth did I forget about CeX?

There's a CeX in Kingston that my friend and I have gone to just to look at the games. I haven't bought anything from there before but it completely slipped my mind. Ah well. ><

Skyward Sword is a tenner there?

Ohhh so they made a new Wii model and removed backwards compatibility? That sucks! I definitely have the older model. I never even realised they did that, usually Nintendo are pretty fair about things. Like on my 3DS, I can play regular DS games.

I guess you could say the Zelda game became unenjoyable because I got stuck lol. I think it was in a cave with poison air or something. I want to try a Link Between Worlds though.

I got onto the Destiny beta! Our local independent games shop was giving away beta codes. It even said 'thanks for pre-ordering' on them. I can only assume they are spares. It's actually a pretty cool game, looks amazing visually. I normally can't stand FPS games, but this isn't too bad.

After finishing Watch dogs (PS4) then GTA 5 (PS3) I bought a used Just Cause 2 and have been playing that... good game. Also went and bought Little Big Planet karting as well as sonic all stars racing tranformed for cheap because Im a sucker for cartoonish racing games (childhood favourites were Crash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing, and still buy every Mario Kart including 8..), and both are pretty good.

After finishing Watch dogs (PS4) then GTA 5 (PS3) I bought a used Just Cause 2 and have been playing that... good game. Also went and bought Little Big Planet karting as well as sonic all stars racing tranformed for cheap because Im a sucker for cartoonish racing games (childhood favourites were Crash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing, and still buy every Mario Kart including 8..), and both are pretty good.

I want to get Little Big Planet Karting, as I can pick it up pretty cheap now. I also loved CTR, if its anything like that, I'm up for it.

Sorry, in Argos!

No problem, thanks for telling me. I got it on Monday. c:

Ohhh so they made a new Wii model and removed backwards compatibility? That sucks! I definitely have the older model. I never even realised they did that, usually Nintendo are pretty fair about things. Like on my 3DS, I can play regular DS games.

I guess you could say the Zelda game became unenjoyable because I got stuck lol. I think it was in a cave with poison air or something. I want to try a Link Between Worlds though.

Must have been to save on production costs. They don't seem as worried about that with the handhelds, though.

A Link Between Worlds is the one where Link can turn into a drawing and move on walls, right? I saw that and thought it looked pretty cute. I've been pretty out-of-touch lately when it comes to what's going on with the handhelds.

No problem, thanks for telling me. I got it on Monday. c:

Must have been to save on production costs. They don't seem as worried about that with the handhelds, though.

A Link Between Worlds is the one where Link can turn into a drawing and move on walls, right? I saw that and thought it looked pretty cute. I've been pretty out-of-touch lately when it comes to what's going on with the handhelds.

Yeh its one with the drawings. I thought it looked pretty cool.

Played Destiny beta with Enigma. It was great and definitely much easier to work as a team!

Can't get enough of this! My brothers now call me Corvo (name of the protagonist/main character) xD

Dishonored.jpeg

Completed Uncharted Golden Abyss on the vita (bro got it for Eid). Might play through again on hard.

Can't get enough of this! My brothers now call me Corvo (name of the protagonist/main character) xD

Dishonored.jpeg

Keener, let's play something if next time I land up at your house, inshaAllah. c: