Maniac Muslim Forums
Mufasa

MM Tribune: keeping you up-to-date since 2011

MM TO RE-LAUNCH NEWS SOURCE

From Musa, Maniac Muslim Tribune

After yesterday's newspaper was shut down, several community members decided it would be best to relaunch the newspaper, though requesting less of a tabloid-tone to it this time around.

The newspaper's editorial board agreed that the newspaper would be most beneficial if used as a means to announce member accomplishments, new MM features, records, and other noteworthy information, such as marriages. All topics are to be in line with Islamic rulings, as well as Maniac Muslim guidelines.

One member of the editorial board told reporters at a press conference earlier this morning, "We want everyone to get involved, and we hope that they can do so in a way that benefits the MM community by keeping fellow members up-to-date, without using our newspaper as a new battleground for gossip and animosity."

DI, the founder of yesterday's failed newspaper attempt, stepped aside as editor-and-chief, and expressed support for the newspaper to take on a new name. Commenting on the symbolism of a newspaper, he said, "MM has come a long way all these year."

Furthermore, he added, "This newspaper will revolutionize the nature of print media...with digital media."

He referred to the launching of MM Tribune as "Provokative, intriguing and sexy."

Another Jew tryna control the media :P

- sister who

LOOOOL

I think DI would be a good Daily Star editor. Don't google it, you won't get halal images.

Musa reminds me of Rory from the Gilmore Girls. Musa for Yale News editor!

Another Jew tryna control the media :P

- sister who

:lol: aw man!

Potential news topic: Isn't Shaheema married now? Or is that next month? I should've written it down. I don't think she's really going to webcast it, however.

Voices Again Call For The Establishment of an MM Newspaper

Though Maniac Muslim is often referred to as a haven of community, friendship, and perhaps even love, members' calls for a local newspaper have grown ever-louder. Some members of the community feel that the forum is lacking an outlet by which to keep others informed.

Nahla, who joined Maniac Muslim in 2007, demanded, "MM should have a newspaper published every week!"

However, past attempts at creating an MM newspaper have been bleak.

There was first an attempt by DI to create a community newspaper. Members complained about the tabloid-tone of the new outlet, and mods decided to close the thread after it appeared to have become a source of argumentation and gossip. Musa, one of MM's brightest and finest, decided for a second time to begin a newspaper. Then too, it was met by failure and disinterest.

One sympathetic community member remarked, "I appreciate Musa's effort. He is a smart kid. He just didn't have the following to garner widespread support for the MM Tribune."

Others, however, were not so sympathetic towards the cause. "An MM newspaper seems pointless," remarked one long-time user, who wished to remain anonymous.

When asked of his motive to resurrect the now-dead MM Tribune, Musa responded, "I have a lot of homework. A midterm is due on Tuesday, and it is looming over me like a dark cloud. I'm trying to procrastinate -- carrying on an MM tradition."