Maniac Muslim Forums
cubster

Tickets/ Fines

Pistacheo yeah, its my first fine ever. I don't drive fast, cos my mom's car has too many mechanical problems. My new car is a 130 so its not fast either, I went over 120 for the first time today in it and you could feel the difference in power compared to driving a 160 :/ I know where the camera's are so I make sure I'm in the extreme left lane where the camera doesn't pick up or I keep under the limit for that stretch!

I hate the speed limit thing but

its good if you don't have a powerful car it resrticts one from going crazy.

I want the BMW 1-Series M Coupé, but my father will not hear of it,

to him, he would be buying me the tiket of my death and

start planning my funeral. :ph34r:

Reminds me of the female driving test examiner we have at our local test centre. She is truly nasty! I was warned beforehand that she was a cow, and that's exactly how she was. Yeh I failed that test, no surprises there!

I don't have a car yet, but I've already told myself I want to be a totally clean driver. Speeding will be easy to avoid, as I am quite good at sticking to limits (I've borrowed my brother's car in the past), and parking tickets is easy, just pay or find somewhere free to park. I'd rather pay for the ticket than get fined.

Femals examiners can be the worse, men are more flexible when it comes to that.

Al hamdoulilah I had a male examiner, very nice man.

How could you possibly avoid speeding?

It's so attempting

^ The trick is to speed but then slow down for cameras!! Or when the cops are around!

But its so hard, esp if you are late, like yesterday I was so late for work so obvs was speeding but then it started pouring down with rain and then I got stuck in traffic! But still alhumdulillah I was only 2 minutes late for work!!

(The title of the thread reminded me of my only ever fine, which was on the train... basically my train journey coz of the fine cost me more than the movie I went to watch and I barely watched the movie as I was pretty cut up about the fine!)

^ Oh erm, it was just because I didn't buy an extension on my usual oyster card ticket, thinking that I could use pre-pay...

inshaAllah my first and last fine

Oyster card is an electronic card with a chip they use to travel on buses and undergrounds in london. You just swipe the card when you enter the bus or when you enter/exit an underground.

Don't you guys have average speed checks though? Lots of roads here have cameras along the entire stretch with constant surveillance of your speed so they know what your speed between cameras would be- as well as your overall speed. It's one safeguard they put in place to stop people doing the whole 'slow down just for the camera' thing.

Oyster card is an electronic card with a chip they use to travel on buses and undergrounds in london. You just swipe the card when you enter the bus or when you enter/exit an underground.

How do you know this Posey :o

Don't you guys have average speed checks though? Lots of roads here have cameras along the entire stretch with constant surveillance of your speed so they know what your speed between cameras would be- as well as your overall speed. It's one safeguard they put in place to stop people doing the whole 'slow down just for the camera' thing.

Cape Town has this and I wish my city had it too. People are much nicer drivers there. Their highway limit is even lower than ours. But then again, Cape Town is awesome :(

I do the slow down for the camera thing :(

We have these when they're doing roadworks on the motorway to keep people at 50mph for a whole stretch. It's bad enough having to drive miles then this coming in your way.

I don't think they work though because I remember there being like 4 cameras all a couple of miles apart and I started going fast again, over 80 and then realised I hadn't passed the last camera then slammed my brakes but it was too late - I was so nervous when the post came for the next week or so but I never got a ticket.