Maniac Muslim Forums
white-rose

Obsession With Accents

I've always found British accents fascinating. Although I have to admit that it was quite recent that I realized how many varieties of accents exist in England. Which would explain why there were people who I met in London and couldn't understand a word. :lol: It also tells me that at least the Indian accent is understandable. :P

Use this thread to obsess over accents you like and learning how to imitate them.

For me, I'm still trying to figure out which British accent I like the best. I thought it was Cockney but pronouncing "th" as "f" almost feels like I'm breaking a law. :lol:

I really liked this video explaining the Cockney accent:

Oh and it's HILARIOUS. :lol:

I like Irish and scot accents. I think its because we(aussies) share their dislike of the Pome.

I like Irish and scot accents.

This.

Except I don't have a particular reason for it. Maybe cuz it rains there all the time and I feel sorry for them? Who knows

LOL! White rose I know right?

I find it so hard to understand Iris and scotish people,

They sound like a melody.

ALthough I should not be complaining since

I can have a pretty strong french accent when speaking in english, words such as:

'Pratical' or 'underestimate'the ones that are common in the French and English language.

The Irish accent is quite nice actually, or is it just that I've met nice Irish people?

What is The Pome?

P-risoner

O-f

M-other

E-ngland

^.^

I dig the Brooklyn accent.

I just love American accents. They're so coooooooool. :wub:

I really like imitating different dialects and can do quite a few. It's pretty fun. ^^

I dig the Brooklyn accent.

I just love American accents. They're so coooooooool. :wub:

I really like imitating different dialects and can do quite a few. It's pretty fun. ^^

American accents are so common. I've never found it intriguing cuz they come across as having a 'normal' accent.

I love irish, scottish accents, but I love the Aussie accent the best. They use funny words, but it's not stupid or anything, it's unique and interesting. I wish I can recreate it but no luck so far in making it believable.

arabic english accent rules all, n you know it!