Maniac Muslim Forums
white-rose

Obsession With Accents

I like Irish and scot accents. I think its because we(aussies) share their dislike of the Pome.

I used to dislike the Irish and Scottish accents until I heard some northern accents from Britain. They were way worse. I just can't pinpoint the cities.

LOL. Her accent is quite decent and understandable. Is that also considered posh?

The scouse/Liverpudlian accent :wub: ma sha Allah!

Link of the accent please. :)

LOL! White rose I know right?

I find it so hard to understand Iris and scotish people,

They sound like a melody.

ALthough I should not be complaining since

I can have a pretty strong french accent when speaking in english, words such as:

'Pratical' or 'underestimate'the ones that are common in the French and English language.

lol, I had a study partner with a strong french accent. It took me a few days to adjust to it. We were preparing for a practical exam and I told her to just speak slowly and hopefully the patients will be able to understand her. So I think I'll be able to understand you as well.

I also had a miserable time trying to understand a video lecture of a mexican dr. It took me almost 3 weeks to understand all of what he was saying. Terrible.

arabic english accent rules all, n you know it!

lol, Arab accents are cute/funny!

You have a bit of a northern British accent which is cool!

I'm OBSESSED with Portuguese English accents. (Yeah call me crazy!)

Seriously though it's so cool.

ORLY? Where's your guyanese pride?

I thought the idea behind this thread is to obsess over FOREIGN accents. ie not your own. Guyanese accents are nothing special if you always hear them. I suppose to other people they sound cool, but I'm not exactly swooning when I hear a Guyanese accent.

You know how many people think British accents are hot? Do you think the people who talk like that think it's hot? They just think it's normal.

(Btw some Brit accents totally are hot. But some sound ugly/hilarious)

I thought the idea behind this thread is to obsess over FOREIGN accents. ie not your own. Guyanese accents are nothing special if you always hear them. I suppose to other people they sound cool, but I'm not exactly swooning when I hear a Guyanese accent.

You know how many people think British accents are hot? Do you think the people who talk like that think it's hot? They just think it's normal.

This is true. I always see you as bigging up guyana, and in a thread about accents I thought you wouldn't lose the opportunity to do the same.

I like the posh-ness of the brit accent. The american accent is over played and has become boring. O maybe that's cuz I've been exposed to it for such a time, it has become not appealing.

This is true. I always see you as bigging up guyana, and in a thread about accents I thought you wouldn't lose the opportunity to do the same.

I like the posh-ness of the brit accent. The american accent is over played and has become boring. O maybe that's cuz I've been exposed to it for such a time, it has become not appealing.

Not all brit accents are posh. some of them are pure jokes. and exactly. you dont find the american accent appealing is because you're so used to it. it's nothing special. i dont find american/canadian accents particularly appealing either because i grew up with them.

oh and trini accents are hilarious too. jamaican accents are cool. most other caribbean accents are cool, minus trini. sorry.

actually sometimes you guys sound cool. hm.

American accents are so common. I've never found it intriguing cuz they come across as having a 'normal' accent.

This is how I feel about British accents most of the time. xD

I really like how the Canadian accent sounds as well, eh. B)

spanish accent. :yummy:

:thumbup:

P-risoner

O-f

M-other

E-ngland

^.^

:lol:

Oh I didnt know Aussies disliked The Pome. Just when it comes to cricket :P

Pistache I think French accents are nice! I wanna hear you now ;)

I dont like American accents at all. Aussie accents are OK, not all that ( I get my opinion from Neighbours)

I'm OBSESSED with Portuguese English accents. (Yeah call me crazy!)

Seriously though it's so cool.

Crazy! :P

Indeed. :P

Spanish and french accents are hot! American accents annoy me xD ESPECIALLY TEXAN ACCENTS OMG.