Maniac Muslim Forums
Mo-

Black/purpley grey blemish on ankle and forehead

Al salamu alaikum all,

I see many people at various mosques I've been to who have these huge blemishes either on their ankles or their forehead, which is quite obviously from praying alot. I would like to know If their are any Hadith on this or whether it's just a burn effect from the carpet they usually pray on. It would also be beneficial if anyone knew the scientific purpose for these blemish things, as I don't understand how a friction burn can go that colour and remain for the remainder of that persons life (my old Quran teacher has one on his ankle and has had it since before I knew him).

Jazak allahu khair in advance.

Bruising, I think. It comes from bouncing your head on the ground instead of just placing it there, breaking the blood vessels under the skin and causing red, purple, or blueish marks. Also, carpet burn could be a factor, damaging the outside of the skin causing a build up of hardened skin causing a literal bump.

You should be careful how hard you knock your head on the ground though, if that's your thing. My friend had a habit of slapping his hand to his forehead really hard, or even against a wall when he heard something stupid. He ended up with mild concussion, which made me want to start slappin my own forehead against a wall.

And yes, I'd like to know if there's a hadith on this? I've heard that some people believe if you have one, you get extra reward, but I think that's pure bid'ah. Also, harming yourself for prayer is iffy. Astaghfirallah if I'm wrong, may Allah swt forgive my ignorance.

Al salamu alaikum all,

I see many people at various mosques I've been to who have these huge blemishes either on their ankles or their forehead, which is quite obviously from praying alot. I would like to know If their are any Hadith on this or whether it's just a burn effect from the carpet they usually pray on. It would also be beneficial if anyone knew the scientific purpose for these blemish things, as I don't understand how a friction burn can go that colour and remain for the remainder of that persons life (my old Quran teacher has one on his ankle and has had it since before I knew him).

Jazak allahu khair in advance.

the mark can appear depending on the skin type, surface of prayer, amount of prayer, etc. It appears due to frequent contact. What "scientific purpose" are you talking about?

one should not try to get it purposefully (by pressing hard in sujood for example).

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=12843&CATE=1

Well my mother have one mark dark brown on her ankle as she say her prayer on floor. and it vanishes when we moved to other city. Don't know what it is.

so many frauds do something to get this mark on the forehead to show that they are mashallah ever so awesome at praying to get hired and then steal you off. Its sad.

^^No way! Weird.

I have one a little below my right toe, lol...I realized it was because after making wudu and my feet being still kind of wet, when I sit down I kind of brush my feet against the carpet (just a habit) and it burnsss...so then I started trying to sit without brushing it against the carpet. I don't know how people get marks on their forehead though. :blink:

there is an aya that the people who make sujood will have the mark on their faces. but it says face, not forehead. and i don't think its meant ot be taken literally. people just get that mark if the surface they pray on is pray. like if you kneel on the ground a lot your knees get black. or in this case, your forehead or your ankle would get black.

Well many people do this that when they go in Sajda they just stretch their forehead against ground to get this. well of course this is a bad thing to do. But people use to show off and they started this.

I have that mark on my ankle...not my forehead...i try to avoid getting knocked out ahah so i place my head gentle on the floor...also i've noticed over the years my salaat has become more and more comfortable...when i first converted to islam it was painful on my ankle to sit making tashahhud and i'd have to try to rather adjust or just take the pain..but now i can sit in that position no problem Alhamdulillah...i think its the body just adapting