Maniac Muslim Forums
Daria

Lollywood.

So.

Lollywood.

The Pakistani film industry.

I thought I'd make this thread because I saw a few Lollywood clips this morning and have been severely traumatised by the disturbing amounts of make up and the sizes of the nose rings/studs/bombs worn by the women in the music videos.

Why feel the need to make a separate industry? Why can't you join Bollywood? What do you all think about this industry?

Oh yeah. I looked up on wikipedia (yes I broke the 'No Wiki' rule), this industry stems from Lahore. Call it Lahoriwood then. Lollywood just sounds gay.

If you change it to 'Lahoriwood' it sounds like ' La Whore's wood' - I dunno.

Erm, haha that reminds me of the nigerian film industry. I'd watch some of em back in africa. Oh man, the cheap camera and acting is hi-la-rious.

Why feel the need to make a separate industry? Why can't you join Bollywood? What do you all think about this industry?

Why would Pakistan and India have one shared industry when they can have two separate ones and 'compete'? One side is more successful than the other one, that just looks like a joke.

What happened when the Pakistani actresses go over to Bollywood?

The Pakistani movies:

•  
  • Tight/revealing clothing for women + provocative dances = cheap entertainment for men who lose their sense of haya
  • Script full of sexual innuendos = teaching the public from day 1 that being filthy/speaking to women is good
  • Men are portrayed all "macho" (angry faced, swearing, rude, pervs) = perfect for the young boys growing up thinking this is what they gotta be like.
  • No decent storyline
  • No morals/lessons
  • Nothing beneficial whatsoever.

I actually find Lollywood worse than Bollywood because Lollywood has Muslim actors in a supposed Muslim country, I expect and want better. It's nothing more than cheap entertainment where men get to see scantly clad women for a few rupees, yup that's about it.

- Sister Who

So.

Lollywood.

The Pakistani film industry.

I thought I'd make this thread because I saw a few Lollywood clips this morning and have been severely traumatised by the disturbing amounts of make up and the sizes of the nose rings/studs/bombs worn by the women in the music videos.

Oh yeah. I looked up on wikipedia (yes I broke the 'No Wiki' rule), this industry stems from Lahore. Call it Lahoriwood then. Lollywood just sounds gay.

NO.

I actually find it surprising how sexual some of these Bollywood type films are. I always thought India and Pakistan wouldn't allow stuff like that.

The Nigerian one is called Nollywood, right?

Yeh it's called Nollywood.

I have been traumatised when watching Lollywood movies many moons ago...however some bollywood ones are just as bad..

I think the industry does well on a smaller scale (compared to bollywood).

I actually find Lollywood worse than Bollywood because Lollywood has Muslim actors in a supposed Muslim country, I expect and want better. It's nothing more than cheap entertainment where men get to see scantly clad women for a few rupees, yup that's about it.

Exactly. Pakistan is supposed to be a Muslim country yet they go around producing crap like this. Apparently some of the Pakistani actresses who were big in Lollywood, especially the dancer-ish ones, were killed by Pakistani militants for being un-Islamic.

Exactly. Pakistan is supposed to be a Muslim country yet they go around producing crap like this. Apparently some of the Pakistani actresses who were big in Lollywood, especially the dancer-ish ones, were killed by Pakistani militants for being un-Islamic.

Thats pretty stupid then.

- SW

^ :lol: Or Waheed Murad, the great chocolate hero :P

But hey, the Pakistani drama industry is great. Especially the older dramas like Tanhaiyan, Ankahi, Alpha Bravo Charlie. Amazing stuff, that you could actually sit down and watch with your entire family.

Ah, good times :)

^ :lol: Or Waheed Murad, the great chocolate hero :P

But hey, the Pakistani drama industry is great. Especially the older dramas like Tanhaiyan, Ankahi, Alpha Bravo Charlie. Amazing stuff, that you could actually sit down and watch with your entire family.

Ah, good times :)

I remember Alpha Bravo Charlie, someone lost a leg right? Remember tanhaiyan too. I think my fav ones had to be Mehndi and this other one but that was pretty crap compared to the main ones. Do you remember 'yeh zindagi' :o ?

- SW

^yeah, kashif loses a leg :'( It's actually based on a true story. I've heard of 'yeh zindagi hai', but haven't seen it yet. yeah Mehndi was good too, but too glammed up for my taste. Oh have you seen Aansoo? That one was amaaazing!!